Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Smiles

I smiled today when...
I watched my sweet kids put all the olives on their fingers and eat them off one-by-one.

I smiled today when...
I watched James dance around our bedroom like a fruity-tootie, and listened to the kids laugh at him. (I told him he better enjoy the time when the kids still think he's funny, because I don't think it's going to be too much longer until they are largely embarrassed by him and his dancing.)

I smiled today when...
the kids and I drank eggnog with our lunches.....mmmmm....so delish!

I smiled today when...
I found a new exercise partner!!!!!! We got up at 5:45am this morning and walked the hills outside around our neighborhood. Freezing cold, but SO fun to have somebody to walk with again!!!

I smiled today when...
Madison told me she needed to go "stinky" and when I put her on the toilet, she really went potty! (She does this a few times a day which makes me wonder if I should start potty training her. I'm just kind of lazy though. I thought I had a few more months before I had to worry about that, but she is showing lots of interest so maybe it's time????)

I smiled today when...
The kids and I rented the Newsies soundtrack from the Library and jammed out to it all afternoon.

I smiled today when...
I did an amazingly cool, but far from perfect cartwheel in my front room (while listening to "Sieze the Day"), and when I got done, I honestly saw stars! (this, however, isn't what made me smile...) What made me smile is when Carson and Kenzie looked up at me after I finished my cartwheel with such an impressed look on their faces and Carson said, "You are the COOLEST MOM I'VE EVER KNOWN!" That's what made me smile! After all, you would smile too if you were the coolest mom ever!

While making the list today, I realized I have tons more I could have written. It's healthy to smile. I encourage you all to try it today!

SMILE!!!!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, cartwheels... We took the kids out to the movie on campus a couple week ago and all stop on the nice grassy area and dance around and do cartwheels. I felt like a kid again. It was so much fun, until I started to feel the pulled muscles from doing them the next day. remind me next time to stretch a little bit so I don't feel so bad the next day.

I love smiling too. :)

Lindsay said...

How sweet. I'm so glad you guys are all doing well!

Emily said...

What a cute post! I'm definetly going to smile more! I should make a list. You inspired me!

Kendra and Karl said...

I'm interested to see what a fruity-tootie dances like. :)

clintandmegtucker said...

I remember your cartwheels. That is so funny!

Lisa said...

I smile when I think of you....my friend!!

Erica Bazil said...

What a fun post! And believe it or not, I just did a cartwheel for Cash yesterday (in my effort to teach him) and thought I did a pretty good job, however, I didn't recieve any similar reaction as yours. And like Suzie, I should have stretched before hand. Ouch.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to send out Christmas cards again and need your new address - now that you're in New Mexico! Do you mind gettign that to me? Thanks!

mom said...

You are the coolest mom I've ever known too.
How cute!
And maybe James is a fruity-tooty and that's why he can dance like one. hmmmmmm.

Tori Price said...

Cami you and your blog make me smile! I miss you guys!