Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Abc's to reading in a few short years....

(Videos got rearranged after I posted....sorry. Hope this isn't confusing. Just follow my directions, and read then watch videos in order. Thanks.)

It all starts with a love of books..... (Watch First Video NOW..., of Madison reading.)

I can't believe a few short years ago...Carson was doing this......... www.funfamilyoffour.blogspot.com/2007/09/blog-post.html (check out the link...it only takes a second, and it's SO CUTE! I can't believe he wasn't even 2 yet!)

.... and now he's onto THIS (Watch second video NOW... of Carson reading.)

Way to go Carson for working so hard! I'm a very proud mommy!

And Kenzie is doing great with reading too. She has reading lessons with me everyday, and yesterday she read me the story.... "We will run. I will win. I am not a duck. I am an ant."

(Story is pretty lame, but I was proud that she could read it all by herself!!!)

We love reading at our house...can ya tell???

7 comments:

Kendra and Karl said...

That is so awesome. It is amazing how fast kids learn. And books are so important. I want my kids to love to read. I figure if you start young there's a better chance right? you are such a great mom to have school with Carson and Kenzie. When Carson gets to Kindergarten the teachers are going to be blown away.

Lindsay said...

You are awesome! Go Cam! I hope Weston is as smart as Carson someday! Your kids are lucky to have such a great mom.

Anonymous said...

Amazing. I don't have the patience to teach my kids these kinds of things. You are wonderful to be ale to do that.

Time does fly I can't believe how big our kids are!

Erica Bazil said...

My mouth is hanging open - they do such a great job. You SHOULD be proud!

Emily said...

Oh my word! He is really good at reading!! Those ABC's were so cute. He has grown up a lot since then. You're awesome!

Kim and Chet said...

Your kids are so smart! I also think it has a great deal to do with parenting and taking the time to read with them. You are an awesome mom!!!

mom c said...

Carson's looks haven't changed a bit, but his reading is incredible.
Wow, I loved Maddie reading, that was so darn cute.
You should put Kenzie's video on too. For only three she's doing amazing too.
Way to go mom!