These are some of the delicious goodies we've had around our house this past week. We made up lots of goodie plates for friends and neighbors and this was some of our left-overs. Chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered cake-balls, oreos dipped in chocolate and crushed candy-canes.....lots of chocolate over here!!!

And this was a stolen idea from my friends...the Gailey's. (Thanks for coming to the rescue on this one guys! Very creative!!! Too bad I don't have your cute little boy to tell the story.) Instead, I'll have to explain...
And this was a stolen idea from my friends...the Gailey's. (Thanks for coming to the rescue on this one guys! Very creative!!! Too bad I don't have your cute little boy to tell the story.) Instead, I'll have to explain...
We wen't to an ugly Christmas sweater party the other night and each couple was in charge of making a gingerbread house for a little contest. Apparently, the other couples had been planning for weeks what they would do...(birdhouses, house-boats, doll-houses, al out of graham crackers and frosting. Amazing.) But, since James and I were caught a little off guard, we couldn't get our creative juices flowing, so we stole this idea.
THIS is Frosty the Snowman, and the green-house he took Karen to, to keep warm and safe.
(Do you love the "tropical poinsettias??")
The little yellow thing is the helpful bunny....
Frosty is a little tipsy, but still standing...
And Karen looks like a monkey in the doorway, but at least she has her ear-muffs on.
James and I, however, kind of stood out. Yes, it was a tacky "CHRISTMAS" sweater party, but for the life of us we couldn't find any CHRISTMAS sweaters. James looks more Christmas-sy than I do, but when the Goodwill was picked over, we were pretty much out of luck. (We didn't know where else to shop around here!) So...I did the best I could and found the ugliest sweater I could manage. Yes...I look like somebody threw-up all over me and it looks like I gained about 50lbs. (Maybe cause it's like a 2 or 3x??)And really...the picture doesn't even do us justice! Also, James looks like a freak who's out to get somebody! His face cracks me up! I'm pretty embarrassed that we made some first impressions with people at this party. Pretty scary stuff.
4 comments:
Just because they are first impressions doesn't mean they are not accurate first impressions.
You guys look HOT!!!!!
Merry Christmas!
I am dying! Just think, everyone else made first impressions in their tacky sweaters also! :)
And I am pretty sure Grant was the only one that knew he was going to do a house boat before the party started. No one else knew we were doing graham cracker houses. So if that makes you feel any better... :)
I love it!! Thanks for sharing. I only wish our gingerbread house had turned out as well...
Post a Comment