-I thought it was a good idea to take the girls on a little girl's night out date to watch a local dance recital. The girls loved it and watched the whole thing without moving a muscle.
I realized it wasn't a good idea when the next day, during Sacrament meeting, a sweet little girl sang a musical number and after she finished McKenzie let out a whoop and clapped her little hands as hard as she could.
-I thought it was a good idea to rent the kids Home Alone ...to get us in the real Christmas mood. They laughed harder in that movie than I've ever seen any of them laugh.
I realized it wasn't such a good idea when Carson was in the bathtub, and when James walked in, he yelled (trying to be funny.....) "Get the HE$$ out of here!". I could handle when he said things like, "Keep the change, ya filthy animal", but the other was taking it a little too far.
- I thought it was a good idea to let Madison watch educational movies from the Library like "Baby Songs". (The most obnoxious movie for children ever made in the 80's) She begs to watch this "baby moobie" all day long. One song in particular she really loves is the "I can get my clothes on by myself".
I realized it was a bad idea when she obviously learned that besides putting her clothes on... she can also take her own clothes off! When I went to check on her the other day during nap time, I found a little girl, on top of the bunk bed....butt naked, and smiling as big as she could manage.
-I thought it was a good idea to give some orders to the kids to help get things done around the house. Go make your bed.....pick up the toys......put your shoes away....etc.
I realized it was a bad idea when Carson replied back to me, "YES SIR!"
-I thought it was a good idea to let the kids pick the Sunday dessert this week.
I realized it was a bad idea when they picked frozen applejuice pops. (applejuice frozen in the ice-tray and held by a toothpick!) At least I didn't feel guilty eating 2!
-I thought it was a good idea to clean out some of the medicine under the bathroom sink.
I realized it was a bad idea when McKenzie came running in with her toothbrush and an old, outdated tube of preparation H asking if that was the new toothpaste!!!! I'm grateful she asked first.
-I thought it was a good idea to ask a sweet little lady in my ward if I could borrow one of her Christmas sweaters for my "Tacky Christmas Sweater party".
I realized it was a bad idea when she punched me after I told her what I was borrowing it for.
Just kidding. Did you really think I would be that insensitive??? I really do need to find an ugly sweater though (two actually...one for me, one for James) by this Saturday! I'll post pictures when we find the perfect ones!!! SO excited for that party!!!!
So...I guess my good ideas are never really as good as I think, are they?!
6 comments:
That was a great post! Haha! Hey, I need your address so I can mail you your Christmas card! Will you email it to me? Thanks Cam!
Ok so I have to totally comment on the Sunday thing. Yesterday at church the guy who said the opening prayer got all done and then his 3 yr old yelled out "Daddy You did such a great job saying the prayer!" It made the whole congregation laugh.
I love all your good ideas and I feel for you when they end up being bad ones.
I too have some good ideas but they usually stop there.
I always get such a kick out of your posts and the hilarious things your kids do/say! I hope you write them down - okay - that sounds silly as you obviously just typed them up, but you know what I mean right (like in a journal, scrapbook or just print these stories off)? They'll be killer for the kids to read through when they're older!
All of James's sweaters are ugly so you will have no problem
ROFL! That's some good material. Probably wasn't that funny at the time, but it totally made my day and helped me laugh. Good luck finding a sweater!
Cami I LOVE your posts especially because you make me laugh. I loved the toilet post too. You are soooo funny.
We miss you, so we are hoping to see you soon.
How was your birthday? We are glad you liked our singing in the phone. Aren't we just awesome singers? The truth is that we all were nervous to sing to the best singer of all!!! hahahaha. We love you!!!
Post a Comment