Sunday, March 27, 2011

My day in FB status updates

If I was one of those obnoxious people who posted status updates on Facebook ALL DAY LONG,here's what mine would have looked like today...



    *8:00am- If you haven't discovered Pandora radio, you should. It's awesome.


    *10:00am- My girls beg me to put "sparkles" on their toes and fingers almost daily. The polish only lasts a few minutes on Madison's hands before she peels it off, but she loves it, so I do it.


    *10:30am- I laughed and teased Carson relentlessly today for crying when I had to clip his toenails. Kind of mean, but honestly...he's 5 years old. He's got some major issues with the toenail clippers. He may need counseling.


    11:00am- Man, I have cute kids.


    11:15am-Man, sometimes I could strangle my kids.


    *12:00pm- I'm so proud of McKenzie giving her First primary talk today!!!! She helped me write it, (a sweet poem about her Uncle on a mission) and it was fully memorized. She did fantastic!


    *2:00pm-3 hours of church without James = one crazy mama.


    *4:00pm- It makes me feel really loved and needed when my Choir director's wife finds me a babysitter so I can attend ward choir practice. Thanks Margy!


    *6:00pm- Sometimes my kids say, "You're the coolest mom in the world", over and over and over again". I pin them down and sit on them until they say it. I really am the coolest.


    *6:25pm- Yes I just locked myself in the bedroom. I know I'll regret it when I find a mess downstairs, but I'll deal with that in a few minutes.


    *7:00pm- Madison was "hitting" her book titled, "Hands are not for hitting". I think I'm in big trouble.


    *7:15pm- There is nothing cuter than hearing my kids sing, "I'm a child of God" after family scriptures.


    *7:30pm- Is it cheating to put your kids to bed almost an hour early just because you want some peace and quiet? If it is, I guess I'm a cheater. And I'm okay with that. Mom's are totally allowed to cheat.


    *8:00pm- While practicing singing tonight, I found two little spies who were suppose to be sleeping, hiding out on the stairs. When I called them on it, they replied, "We just wanted to come hear the pretty music." Good answer. Good answer.


    *8:30pm- I should never have bought those mini-cadburry eggs. Enough said.


    *9:00pm- Ready to jump in bed with some Scriptures, the Ensign, and a good book and wait for my sweet husband to get home! Happy Sunday everyone! Goodnight.

    8 comments:

    Kim and Chet said...

    LOL... it was so fun reading that! I'm totally with you on the Pandora radio thing...where had it been all my life? LOVE!!!

    Anonymous said...

    Love it! there is not much more to say even about my day it looks about the same as yours. Being a mom is pretty fantastic.

    brent. britney, and ryan. said...

    Your little ones talk was so good in primary yesterday. Very cute. And Carson just cracks me up. In the middle of calss he raises his hand and says " I don't really wanna tell you this but I cried when my mom clipped my toe nails. She has to hold me down." We just laughed. Such beautiful souls you have raised. I love them!!! Oh and I will def call you about tomorrow. Have a wonderful day!

    McCall said...

    Nice! It's funny how day's go!

    Jessie said...

    Oh the ups and downs of the day! Loved reading this.

    Mom C said...

    that is sooo funny that Carson told his primary class about his toenail episode. Enjoy your crazy busy days, they end way to soon!

    Michelle said...

    I love Pandora radio. I first heard about it from my coworkers, pretty cool. I don't think it's bad you put your kids to bed early. Do they tend to sleep well still even though they go down earlier?

    Your family is darling. I love reading your posts about them. :D

    Erica Bazil said...

    So funny - as usual. Love the toenail story. Sounds so like our house - Cash dramatically says "ow" and flinches with each and every clip. So funny that Carson brought it up in Primary ("I don't really want to tell you this..." - darling!)