Sometimes, like this week, I have experiences when I feel like yelling or cussing at someone or something would make everything better. It never does, but why do we feel that way? Here are a few times I felt like yelling (or cussing) this week, but am proud to say I held my tongue!!
For instance...
1- When the doorbell rang and I jumped-up from cleaning the floor, only to smack my outer eye-brow bone against the back of the wood chair. I wanted to yell and cuss at the chair, because clearly that's who was to blame, but instead, I held my tongue and opened the door.
2- When I was cleaning out the closet under the stairs and smacked the back of my head on the ceiling as I was backing out. I wanted to yell at the ceiling for being so low, but instead I held my head for a few minutes, took a few deep breaths and continued on my way.
3- And finally last night I went downstairs to finish the rolls for dinner and didn't notice it had been a little eerily quiet upstairs until I heard a sweet little voice saying, "mommy, look! I did it by myself!" When I turned she had 6 different colors of finger nail polish all over her body, and she looked so proud! I immediately took off on dead run to my bedroom to check the locked case of polish under my bed, only to find it broken into, with 15 different nail polishes out, 6 or 7 opened, and 3 or 4 spilling out onto the cream colored carpet. Hot pink, purples, even a black (used for dots on watermelon toes) were laying out and BOY DID I WANT TO YELL THEN!!!! There are only a few times in my life that I've been SO mad that I could only laugh when I really wanted to cuss at someone. This was one of those times.
Lesson learned? Madison can now open Nail polish. Good to know. Good to know.
3 comments:
oh no!! However, I think laughing is a good way to deal with madness sometimes. I might have to try it! Good luck at trying to get the nail polish out of your carpet!
Oh no! You are so patient! I had to clean a bunch of bright pink nail polish out of cream carpet JUST last week. I used resolve carpet cleaner and a toothbrush and scrubbed and scrubbed. Then I'd get a spray bottle of water and soak the carpet, and blot up all the cleaner/water. Then I just repeated the process until it all came out. You can't even tell now, but it was scary for a little bit! Good luck!
Well good for you - for holding your tongue! Seriously, don't you sometimes wonder WHAT IN THE WORLD will the kids do next? And just when you start to wonder they never fail to surprise with SOMETHING right? Good luck with the carpet darn it! Oh by the way, Vana has apparently gotten so used to hearing me say "Gosh dang it" she repeats it now and will then ask if those are okay words. Kinda funny!
Post a Comment