Monday, August 8, 2011

I am blessed

I feel extremely blessed today.

1-We close on our house in ONE WEEK!

2-My baby is not a "babies"(.....first ultra sound did NOT show me having twins! I'm very grateful for that!...normally I'm not too worried but 2 of my really good friends are due within one week of me, and BOTH found out they were having twins. Made me kind of nervous!) And, the baby is growing big and healthy! I am 13 1/2 weeks along now, and I'm sure within a few weeks I won't even be nauseaous anymore! (If it's like my other pregnancies!)

3- Yesterday James found out that we are going to be able to go to Mesquite for our Family reunion in September. I LOVE this reunion, and was so bummed when he couldn't get work off. We now have to leave after work on Friday afternoon, (for an 8 hour drive) but we can stay all weekend and don't need to come home until Monday! Hooray!!!!

4- James FINALLY got a letter in the mail today saying that he is FOR SURE getting his school loans repaid! That was a HUGE reason we decided to take this job in the first place and he was suppose to know for sure in January!!! It's been a long time waiting for that news! Just think...in 3 years, we'll have no more student debt!!!! How grand is that?!!!

5- Oh...and we've been planning a trip to Disneyland in October (planned BEFORE house, and baby came into the picture!!!) and I am SO EXCITED to take the kids!!! It's been a very long time..probably forever, since we've done a family vacation that didn't consist of going camping, or to Utah to visit family...(or Mesquite for the reunion). We're due for a good one, I think. The kids are extatic!

I hope this doesn't seem like I'm bragging, or rubbing my good news into anybody's face, because obviously, there are always things that are hard or challening, or just plain crappy in everybody's life..... (for example: While I was typing this very post, Madison came in and told me she went stinky in her underwear. Ugh! ...She's been so good at the potty training thing, but the last few days she's been having issues again. Now THAT is crappy, don't you think???!) But...like I said before, with all life's challenges and trials, I feel extremely blessed today and am so grateful for what I've been blessed with the past few months. Heavenly Father sure does hear and answer prayers, and has all of our best interests at heart. Life is good.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

I'm sooo happy for you and I love that you are sharing all your good news. I find it so encouraging to hear about the amazing gifts in people's lives. :-) And I LOVE that you're going to Disneyland. We're planning a trip for December 2012 already. Hee hee.

Josh and Shalae said...

I'm so excited you're going to be able to come to mesquite! I told my kids and they were just as happy as me:) You truly do have so many things to be grateful for. I love this post!