Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Madison at almost 2 1/2

A little update on Madison Joy....
She is a crack up.
She has more spunk than any other child I've ever seen.
She is not and WILL NOT be intimidated by anyone.
She is bossy and fiesty and sweet all at the same time.

She LOVES to swing, as high as you'll let her.





It will melt your heart when she says "pretty please?" after you tell her no.




Two of her favorite movies are Matilda and Jumanji.


She can sing along to any of the Tangled songs from the soundtrack, word for word.




She doesn't mind tattling OR taking things into her own hands when she feels like one of her siblings should be put in time-out for something they've done.




Hot sauce is by far the best punishment we've found for her.




She adores babies, and "talks" to the baby in my tummy on a daily basis. (face up against my belly.... "Hi baby...I am your sister Madison... etc."

She loves to dress up and feel pretty. There is NO choosing clothes for her in the mornings. It HAS to be her choice. (Or.. you will find her naked on the trampoline as soon as she thinks you can't see her anymore and she doesn't have to wear whatever you put her in.)




She will not wear a dress to church, or anywhere else unless it passes the "Does it twirl?" test first.




She will let me do whatever I want to her hair and is incredibly patient for a two year old when I'm combing it!




Sometimes she changes outfits 10 times a day, depending on her mood.




She would wear her dress-up high-heels all day long, (and anywhere we have to go) if we'd let her.




She randomly puts big words into her sentances to feel bigger. Things like, "actually" and "yesterday". Whether it makes sense or not.




She has a very high self-esteem. I hear her say all the time (to herself and others), "I'm awesome" or "I'm great" .




She is dying to be 5 years old so SHE can go to school too.




Lately, when I ask her to do something she doesn't feel like doing, (like go get her shoes on, or put something away) she tells me, "I can't.......(then if she's not currently holding a toy or something... she quickly reaches down and grabs her shirt with both hands and says...) I'm holding my shirt. I'm busy. I can't."




She loves polish on her fingers and toes, and asks me to put sparkles on her eyes whenever she sees me doing my make-up.




When I put her to bed she usually has about 17 things to tell me (Once I've already left the room) and I am constantly telling her to stop talking and go to bed. Every night after this point, I usually get a, "Mom! Mom!! Mooooooooooooooom!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to tell you something.... I have to TELL you SOMETHING!!!!!!" When I finally answer she says, "Mom........long pause...............I'm not talking." Okay Madison. Thank you. Now go to sleep.




She is super smart and talks very well for a two year old. She STILL thinks she's bigger than she is (and pretty much always has). She loves to cuddle...if it's HER decision. And she is finally no longer having any accidents with the whole potty-training scenario. She's been about 95% trained for over 6 months, but was constantly still having a few accidents here and there throughout the week. We've finally nipped that in the bud, and she's doing SO awesome!




One of my favorite things in the entire world is listening to her sing songs. Especially when she sings her own lullaby with me. The one that I wrote her when she was born. There is seriously nothing more precious in the whole world!




We love you Maddie Joy! We do well with girls in this family. Can't wait to see what our next little bundle of pink will bring!!!!





5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wait a sec, does this mean you are having a GIRL??? If so, congrats! I am SO excited for you guys! And Madison is so dang cute. I wish I knew her better, she seems a lot like my little monkey...so many things on your list were similar to my Weston. Crazy! Congrats Cam!!!

Brooks said...

Yay for girls! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Carson and James are going to be close if you keep having girls. Anyways I miss playing with madison!

Karl

Erica Bazil said...

Love to hear about your little girl! I've just started writing things down about my kids again - for another update too. I love that you keep such good records and I think that's so important. I hope I never forget all the fun/silly things the kids do at each stage of their lives!

Kim and Chet said...

So cute! I loved reading that about her. I need to update mine about Cash too. He is growing so much and talking so cute. Next Post! :)

I wish I could see you and your cute family. I sure miss you all!