So, it all started with McKenzie. When she was about 3 years old, she would ALWAYS ask for "
something special" and would carry it around with her everywhere. This could be anything form a paper clip, to an old button, to an old library card...etc. When we lived with Rachel, Kenzie would start asking her for
special things, and Aunt Rachel would take her down to her bedroom and open her "special drawer" and let Kenzie pick out something special.

Soon, Carson realized he wanted in on the action from Aunt Rachel, and they would BOTH gather
special things from Aunt Rachel's drawer. Cute Aunt Rachel started stalking her drawer with things like new pencils, cool straws, coloring books and puzzles from the dollar store, etc. Even when Aunt Rachel came to NM to visit, she knew to bring some
special things for the kids to pick. The best is that with all the new toys and gadgets she would bring, she would always throw a few random things in the pile like a sponge, or an old check book, since that is ALWAYS what McKenzie would pick! (Even over all the toys.)

Now, little Madison is into
special things too. They learn so quickly from siblings. She got a new backpack (when the other kids got their's for school) and it's constantly filled with
HER special things. (Which she'll try to show you when you talk to her on the phone. She hasn't quite figured out that you can't see her when you are talking to her on the phone!)

McKenzie had show and tell today for school, and what do you think she took? A jewelry box that I gave to her (that I got from Aunt Joy when she passed away) that was filled with all her
special things. I'm sure the kids loved seeing each of her special stuff shoved inside the Jewelry box! (Her teacher said she took them out one by one to show the class....)

Lately though, I've been hearing the kids bargaining and trading their
special things, for something they want. (Example:) "If you help me clean up my room, I'll give you one of my special things...." Or when they are mad I hear threats like, "I'm NEVER GIVING YOU ONE OF MY
SPECIAL THINGS AGAIN!" It kind of makes me laugh at this new bargaining tool they've found.
Oh what would we ever do without our
special things in life???!
3 comments:
ha ha funny
I would choose the old checkbook too. It may have good information like routing and account numbers.
Post a Comment