Family Vacation part 1: The Grand Canyon
So, since we decided to drive to California for our vacation, we thought it would be a good chance to stop at Grand Canyon on the way. It only took us 45 minutes longer than our normal route, so it was almost right on the way. McKenzie got car sick, (like usual) and puked a few times in the car on the way there, (hence the reason she is only wearing her jacket in these pictures and not her shirt in the sunny weather) but other than that, the kids did great in the car. Our trip was very eventful, and we had a blast. I figured it would be easiest to document in different phases. So.....this is part 1: The Grand Canyon. Enjoy!All of us kind of look like orphans, but remember we had been driving all day, so forgive us. And Carson has some serious issues with taking pictures, facing the sun....(I think I know where he gets that from....check any of my school pictures from Kindergarten to 6th grade, and I pretty much look like he does in this first picture!)

Madison made me a little nervous, since she's all over the place, and I'm super paranoid of heights, but I held her most of the time, so it was okay.

James took the kids up to the very top of this watch tower, while I stayed down with Madison, to get a good look at the Canyon. Unfortunately, I had the camera, so we didn't get the picture from the top.

We ate a picnic lunch outside at one of the viewing areas, and this little thief stole Madison's sandwich. She thought it was hillarious.

Isn't it beautiful???!




Looks like they could fall right in, huh? Don't worry. I'm too paranoid for them to get too close. It looks scarier than it was.






I feel like I'm on top of the world!!!



Stay tuned for part 2...coming soon!
1 comment:
Got to say when james was young he complained all the time about going places like this. Looks like fun though and I can just picture you being scared of the edge and staying way way back.
Post a Comment