Is it just me, or is anybody else completely out of the loop when it comes to phones and new technology? Honestly, James and I still have one cell phone to share. (We always just get the one that is free when we sign up for a new commitment every two years.) It's not fancy. I think it takes pictures, but I don't even know how to get them off the phone! It doesn't have the internet, and James and I still don't have texting. I know, I know...how do we even manage?! It's really not that hard. Promise.
Is it just me, or does anybody else find it repulsive to re-use a q-tip that you've already put in your ear once? Just the thought gives me the willies.....ewww!!!!
Is it just me, or is this not the sweetest picture you've ever seen? Tonight, without telling anybody, I found Carson reading his scriptures before he went to bed. Oh the example of little children!
Is it just me or does it seem like you can get a lot more done around the house in a shorter amount of time... when you have to go to the bathroom? Seriously! Sometimes I purposely hold it and don't go JUST because I clean and get things done so much quicker when I have to go potty!
Is it just me or does anybody else feel like they are somehow "cheating" when they put their kids to bed extra early....just because? Sometimes, I love the fact that it gets dark early now and my kids don't exactly know what time "bedtime" is. Usually it's around 8, but the other night, James worked late, and I was exhausted so bedtime was 7! I felt a little dishonest all night telling them it was bedtime already. But....it probably didn't make me feel bad enough to not do it again!!! It's totally allowed though, right? I mean, I am the Mother.
Is it just me or does anybody else use the amount of cleaning days they have left to count down until a vacation? For example, we're leaving to Disneyland with the kids on Saturday....and instead of thinking we only have 5 days left, I automatically thought to myself, I only have one more cleaning day until we leave!
Speaking of cleaning, Is it just me or does anybody else dust BEFORE they leave on vacation? Why? I'm not sure. I just feel better leaving a clean house behind, I guess. Even if the dust will be there when I return. I'm a little anal, huh?
Yeah- it's probably just me.
9 comments:
haha, you're hilarious. Some of them are just you. Like waiting to pee?! HILARIOUS! But actually I do wait to pee..only because I'm too busy too. Wow I sound pretentious. But not because it makes me hurry. I just think, "I'll do this one thing first." Peeing is so interruptive!
I just got a new phone, because my other one died. It's another flip phone, that was cool 1,000 years ago. Although, Brandon got an iphone from work, and it is SO fun. So when you do eventually cave, I promise you'll like it.
Disneyland???!!! How exciting! Your kids will have a blast, I'm sure they're so excited. You should read this funny article I read about an iPhone joining a family:
http://blog.cjanerun.com/2011/10/my-plural-marriage-ode-to-steve-jobs.html
It's funny - she's a funny writer! Well gosh - have fun in California!!!
No, these are not all just you :) Just some of them - like waitin gto pee - that IS so funny! :)
But really, Ty and I are still in the stone age I suppose - neither of us have a cell phone (well, we have a really old tracfone I keep in my purse with minimal minutes to use just in case of an emergency). And somehow we survive as well. :) We are starting to feel behind with all the things available on them and technological words I barely understand without having a cell phone, but there is so much I'm glad we're not caught up in and that we avoid by NOT having one too.
I always clean my house BEFORE a trip to see family or any type of vacation too. I guess I'm anal right there with you - but I'd rather have a clean house to come home to (more likely to walk in the door with that grateful "I'm glad to be home" thought right) and there always seems like there's so much to do to catch up with once you get home (laundry, grocery shop, etc.) that I'd rather not have to clean right away either.
I love that you are so honest about your life with all of us. Rob and I had a cell phone-when we lived in Pocatello but once we moved here we got rid of it. We do have a go phone for emergencies or travel, it is never used for anythng else though.
I always put my kids to bed early when Rob is in class late or has to stay at school. It is hard to put up with crazy kids all day long and sometimes those extra few minutes you have to yourself are just what you need to be presentably for your honey to come home.
I love that Carson is willing to just read. so cool you are so awesome for putting that kind of example out there for him!
i love you cami! you crack me up.
putting your kids to bed early IS NOT cheating! don't feel bad.
such a sweet pic of carson!
ps. i am addicted to my iphone, so it's probably best that you guys don't have the internet and texting. you're better off. trust.
No, no it's not just you...okay, maybe on the dusting before vacation. Have a blast in Disneyland!
Oh and good luck with the baby girl names. I love Jacy. My mom suggested Paisley and it's growing on me, but I'm afraid it's going to be too trendy. We'll see. Jed likes Alyssa or some variation of that, but for some reason I'm not feeling an "Aly" for short...good thing I still have a couple of months!
It's just you.
Just kidding. I'm so freaking funny huh? Anton always says I'm like a little kid cause either I just wait until I'm almost dancing or it's just as we get down the road in a car. I swear some places my body just refuses to tell me I need to go. Especially public places. What can I say? I truly believe I clean better angry. Sometimes I think Anton likes to make me mad just so I'll get the house cleaned faster! Fun post.
Post a Comment