Spelling Bee
Carson was in the preliminary spelling bee last week with about 50 other kids, (Kindergarten-1st Grade) and they narrowed it down to 10. I was actually very surprised on how well he did. He spelled great, and made it to the top 10, which meant he got to be in the FINAL spelling bee (Kindergarten-2nd Grade) last Friday. He was so excited. We practiced all week, and he worked really hard on spelling lots of words. He and his cute little friend, Meg, (She's in our ward) were the only 2 Kindergarteners that made it to the Final spelling Bee. (It was pajama day as well, in case you were wondering about the pj's....)
Cute little kids on the front row...

He looks so small next to all the big kids!
He did awesome! He made it 7 or 8 rounds, and spelled some really hard words that, frankly, surprised the heck out of me. The words I remember him spelling are.... at, kit, mind, help, drew, chirp, itch, and he got out on the word shave. (He forgot the "e"). He and Meg both did great though, especially for being so young. The teacher even had the audience give each of them their own round of applause when they got out, because "They are only KINDGERGARTENER'S!" They started off with 30 kids, (mostly 2nd graders) and Carson made it to the final 8 or 9 kids.
The two smart Kindergarteners....
Does this look like a face that is sad he got out? Nope. I took this right after he got out, and he was pretty proud of himself, even though he didn't win!

Carson insisted I video record him, since his Dad couldn't be there....so I taped every word he spelled, and thought I'd put at least one on the blog to remember. I think he's pretty cute.
1 comment:
Go Carson!!!!
Those are some seriously tough words! So fun to see your kids work hard and succeed. Good job Cami!
Post a Comment