As I was thinking of Cinco De Mayo today, a lot of memories came back to me.
Memories of me singing Spanish songs without understanding a lick of what I sang.
Images if me in a red sombrero singing in a mariachi costume.
Lots of years I sang on May 5th, and today, I thought I should let others in on some of these memories. So...in light of the holiday, I am posting a video of myself singing "Cuando Caliente el Sol". No idea what that means....but Enjoy!
(Oh...and my favorite part of this entire video is when the lady asks me a question in Spanish at the beginning and I have no idea what she said. Oh...and the part where she asks me if I see myself singing in Soap Operas when I'm older. Um... yeah, what?! I think she knew as much English as I did Spanish.)
Anyway, enjoy my great moves
and my 14 (or maybe 15) year old awesome-ness.
HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO EVERYONE!

5 comments:
Whoa! That was sweet! Anton says it means When the Sun is Hot. Or something. So I keep waiting to see you on American Idol. I have no doubt you would win. You are truly the most vocally talented person I've ever know! Your baby is so beautiful. Just like the rest of your kids. I've been thinking about you a lot. I saw Erica Bazil the other day and it made me reminisce about old times in McKinley Manor. Don't really miss the Manor but I do miss you guys.
It has been so long since I heard you sing, I had to listen to it even though I didn't understand a word. haha!!!
here is a fun link to the English translation. http://lyricstranslate.com/en/cuando-calienta-el-sol-when-sun-hot.html
So I have never heard you sing still! This was awesome though and if I didn't know you, I would think you were a Mexican :)
So I have never heard you sing still! This was awesome though and if I didn't know you, I would think you were a Mexican :)
Post a Comment