McKenzie worked very hard on her reading lessons all Summer long, so she would feel ready for Kindergarten. I think she is doing a great job!
The kids started back to school this week. Kenzie started on Monday, and loved it. Kindergarten is all day here, but she seemed to do just fine. She is pretty shy still, but loves the structure of school and enjoys doing crafts, worksheets, homework, etc. Everyday she tells me she made new friends, and I'm very excited for her to get more comfortable with her teacher and classmates, so they can see what fun girl she is!
Carson started First Grade on Tuesday. I showed him the clip of Billy Madison (Where Adam Sandler is singing the "Back to school" song) and he sang it all the way to school. Carson also loves to learn, but I'm not gonna lie, he was most excited to go to school to see his friends again. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
These two are best buds, and I seriously got a little teary-eyed when I walked behind them on our way to the school that morning and could see them walking together, holding hands, wearing their oversized back-packs, beaming with excitement.
And now for the rest of us. It's PAR-TY time!!! Really- it's been so fun to just give all my attention this week to these two sweet girls. We go jogging in the mornings, (thanks to my new double-jogger, which I'm in love with) and hit the parks, museums, libraries, etc! Madison begs me to do school with her, so everyday we do some reading lessons, and some "school". (For example, today we learned about living and non-living things and she loved it.)
We are back to a regular schedule again, with our morning chore charts, early bedtimes, music lessons, healthy after school snacks and homework with mom. I loved Summer, but boy it's sure nice to be back to a good routine!!!
1 comment:
We start school over here next week and it will be bitter sweet. I am of course a bit sad to see these kids grow up so fast (sometimes I wish I could put a brick on their head so they'll stop growing :) but I am also so excited to spend some time with just the baby and maybe get some things done that have been on teh back burner now for months or even years! :) BTW I'd love to see what your chore chart is. I'm re-vamping mine and wouldn't mind seeing other examples (my e-mail is bazity@q.com if you actually have it typed up or something and have the time to send it).
Post a Comment