As of January 2013....
The kids...
Morgan Alicia 11 months old
Morgan is still sweet as ever. Busy, but not really THAT busy compared to the others at her age. She likes to play with the kids, loves the new guinea pig, and sleeps about 12 hours straight at night! Her naps are inconsistent (my fault...well...the families' schedule's fault..) but she doesn't seem to mind. She is always mellow, but happy. She's taken a few steps here or there, but no major full-on walking yet. The picture of her in the toy bucket cracked me up, because she got into it all by herself, and couldn't get out, but wasn't crying when I found her there.
Madison Joy 3 years old
Where do I begin? This one for sure keeps me on my toes. She is spunky- sassy, ornery quite often, does what she wants, when she wants, and doesn't really care what people think. She makes me laugh all the time. Makes me want to pull my hair out even more. And still has a laugh and a smile that melt my heart. She is in this crazy phase, of ONLY wearing dresses. Her punishment is still losing her dress when she doesn't act like a lady and time-outs. She plays quite well by herself. She loves to argue, just for fun. Loves the preschool we do with her friends and their moms. She loves the one-on-one attention she gets when the kids are in school, but loves to play HOUSE with them when they come home. She is starting to read simple sentences in her reading book like, "That rat is sad". She learns quickly....when it's something she wants to do. She just started Primary and is SO excited to be a Sunbeam. I really love her to pieces but can't wait for her... PASSION(?) to simmer down a little, if you know what I mean!
McKenzie Jo 5 years old
What a sweet, sensitive little girl I have. She is my best shopping buddy. She loves helping me cook ANYTHING, and asks to help in the kitchen all the time. She is still pretty dramatic and whines more than I would like, but is becoming quite a big girl. For as shy as she is, she has TONS of friends. I love to hear her and her friends playing in the other room, because McKenzie is ALWAYS giggling with them. She just lost her first 2 bottom teeth. She still collects way too many "special things" (AKA Junk.) and is such a good helper with Morgan. She is doing much better with school, and loves every minute with it. Her favorite thing in the whole world is Art.
Carson James 7 years old
I don't know if I could have another little boy better than this one. He is sweet, handsome, funny, and honestly has this burning desire to just be good. He has lots of friends. He lets things go pretty easily, and doesn't let things bother him too much, unless it's something bad that he's done. His guilt eats him up alive. Which I love. He has started lying a little the past month or so, but usually once the guilt gets to him, he confesses. He's working on that. He loves sports, gymnastic tricks, and music. He is taking piano lessons an singing lessons from me, and does really well. He started composing some of his own songs lately and I think they are just too cute. He definitely takes after me in the "Boy-crazy, girl-crazy" thing. He is not embarrassed to tell me who has a crush on, and not embarrassed to tell them either. Too funny. He sleep-talks all the time, and sleep-walks most nights to go to the bathroom. One night after he went potty- we didn't hear him going back to his room and when we went out to check, we found him fast asleep on the side of the couch! At least he found the toilet to go potty in first! (We've had accidents while he's sleeping that involve garbage cans, the girls room, etc.) He usually thinks it's pretty funny when we tell him what he did the night before in his sleep. He is the best big brother a girl could have. He plays with the girls constantly. Helps them, loves them, and is usually very kind to them, whether or not they deserve it. He has a very big heart, and I can't believe he will be baptized this year! His favorite thing right now is his new pet. He takes very good care of Bud, and you can tell the guinea pig just loves him!
Me
I've been busy helping do Madison's preschool, caring for 4 little kids, being "Art Mom" in McKenzie's class, and "Library Mom" in Carson's class. I try to do music lessons with the kids weekly, and am currently trying to teach myself how to play the piano. I am teaching the 12-13 year old Sunday School class every Sunday, (which I love) leading the music in Relief Society, trying to fit in my Visiting Teaching, and I'm still the Stake Girl's Camp certification specialist. I am really into reading, exercising, counting calories, checking facebook, and having fun with my husband and kids. I am constantly amazed at how much work it takes to keep a family eating healthy food, in a clean house, while wearing clean clothes! I don't have a lot of down-time, but that's okay. I like to be busy, so it's fine. My family is worth it.
James
James is the most amazing dad and husband we could have asked for. He's always happy. Always putting others first. Never complaining. Always making jokes. And the kids and I adore him. He works hard for us, and always puts God first in his life. He is currently in the Young Men's Presidency and works mostly with the deacon's. He loves those boys, and they love him too. He's learning how to be more handy around our house, and does a good job keeping the outside looking nice, and the inside running. He enjoys exercising, reading, playing basketball on Thursday nights, doing things outside (hiking, camping, etc.) and loves to be with his family.
And there you have it. That's life with the Jepson's as of January 2013!!!

3 comments:
What a great update! I've started falling behind in blogging a bit in the pazst months (like you said...not a lot of down time :) but I've got to do better for the same reason you are! I think it's so important and some day I think our kids will love reading all the funny stuff they did as kids that we have recorded - I know I do!
What? Maddie can read? That's amazing. And holy cow - Morgan IS an angel, what a gorgeous, perfect little girl! I wish I could see her more! I wish I could see you all more! Love you all! Happy New Year!
Love your post! I basically just did the same thing. haha great minds think alike. Glad to hear you guys are doing well in the new year. Your family is so adorable! Congrats on your weight loss, you look amazing!
Post a Comment