Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fun at the Lake

Today James came home from work and said, "It's hot outside, let's take the kids to the lake." So, we packed our bags with swimming suits, sunscreen, frisbees, and food! Carson had a blast! (The reservoir is only 30 minutes from our apartment.)


(Notice the lack of me, in the picture? Not by mistake let me assure you!)




After swimming for a few hours, we went to a nearby park to BBQ some hot dogs. Carson then played on the playground until we were so hot and tired that we could barely keep our eyes open!









I'm so glad that James is so fun. I would die if all he ever wanted to do was stay at home and watch tv. He always wants to get out and do something fun! The day before yesterday we took the kids on a little hike and let Carson throw rocks in the creek. Then we found some huge bridge that James though would be SO fun to play on, (only because he knows I'm so afraid of heights!) I just love that we can always find something fun to do as a family without having to spend money or live somewhere exciting. (Believe me, Pocatello is NOT that exciting!)

5 comments:

Cami Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

those were great pictures. I didn't realize you were so close to a lake. What a great way to spend the day. (I hope James used sunscreen, he's a bit pastey)
love ya,
MOM

Melissa E Photography said...

AAAH! James looks like he his going to baptize someone with his whitey skin. HAHA!! JK I am as white as they come. I so relate to telling your hubby every detail of what you did during the day. Who cares what type of cleaner I used on the floor and that I used a toothbrush in the corners. Honestly! Sorry I missed you call Cam. I'll call you this weekend.

And isn't my sis hilarious? You two would get along marvelously.

Mer said...

that is so good that you guys can spend time together like that. Living in Vegas it seems like everything cost a ton!!
Merridee

Unknown said...

It is sure a good thing that i have enormous muscles! That way people get so caught up admiring my physique, that they dont even notice I am a little white.