Saturday, June 30, 2007

Let's take a little journey through the town


For all who commented on my last post, I have to agree. James is totally spazzy! And, since I'm completely normal and very mature, Carson MUST get it from him! J/k


WARNING TO ALL READING THIS: This blog might get kind of long. Just go ahead, take a break, grab a bite to eat, visit the restroom, and come back when you're ready! No pressure.


Anyway- This morning I had a Presidency meeting, then I taught my lesson at church (which went very well- thankyou) and when I got home we ate dinner, James left for work (until 2:00 in the morning! ugh!) and then I had another meeting with my Enrichment committee, about our August Enrichment meeting on Food Storage. I feel like I accomplished SO much today! But now all I want to do is BLOG! Cars is asleep- Kenz is asleep, and I'm sitting on the couch in my G's, with nothin but a laptop!


Now the question is what to type??? Well, I've been thinking about what a strange town Pocatello is lately. It's old, rundown, and in some places a little creepy. But just like everything else, there is always something good to be seen.... So, here goes nothing.


My top 5 favorite things about the town I live in

1- Free Lunches at the Park! All through the summer The city has free lunches for kids 1-18 years old. I guess the school lunch-ladies were bored or something! Anyway- They serve a hot lunch, Monday-Friday at 5 different Parks around the city. I think their idea is to get kids outside and (hopefully) moving during the Summer. I could pass for an eighteen year old... couldn't I? Well, maybe if I left the kids at home!


2- Yard Sales! They have more yard sales here in one weekend than I would see in a lifetime in South Jordan! You can't stop at a single light or stop sign without seeing about 5 posters on the pole! It's a great way to spend a Saturday morning when you're bored though!


3-Westwood Discount! Honestly, I could write an entire blog on this store alone! It is the funniest, store I've ever seen. Let me try to explain....I think it must have been a grocery store at one point because a bunch of the junk that they sell is laying inside the little vegetable isle things. (Do you know what I'm talking about?) I think all the junk they sell, is just random things that didn't sell at any other store. The isles are completely random. For instance: you walk down the isle and to the right you may see purses, to the left it may be scary looking chinese dolls. A little farther down you find last years Halloween Candy, some hair dye and a bunch of ugly bow ties! Can we say RANDOM? James and I love going just to get a good laugh! It is very cheap though- and has pretty fun kids' toys and books. Listen to the deal we got yesterday... we bought a kite, a plastic baseball bat and ball, a pedicure file thing for your feet, some shoelaces, a package of 24 crayons, and 3 packages of paper cups for only......drum roll please......$3.17! Crazy huh? I love this store! The plastic bat and ball was only .48 cents alone! It's great!


4-McKees Pet store! This place is great too. It's a regular pet store with dogs, cats, birds, fish, etc., but also has an entire free petting zoo outside. It has a camel, donkey's, goats, chickens, pigs, roosters, geese, horses, etc! Carson loves coming here to see all the animals. The coolest part though, has got to be the pet monkey that they keep inside! Remember Dad? You two were great friends when you came to visit!


5- The Mall Playground! I love that they have a playground at the mall. All winter long, this is where Cars and I live. I go walking at the mall in the mornings when it's cold outside, and Carson gets to play on the toys afterwards. It's nice to let him get out of the house and run around when it's too cold to go out and play.


Well, I'm sure this wasn't that entertaining for those of you who don't live in this little Railroad town, but since I keep my blogs like a journal, I wanted to be able to remember these little things once we've moved on to bigger and better things! (eventually!)




1 comment:

shannon said...

you are too funny to blog about Pokey! and of course i'd don't think you are psycho for commenting on my photog blog...i am a total blog stalker too! and any friend of Ego's is a friend of mine! any time you want family photos, let me know!