Monday, June 4, 2007

Temples and Time-outs

I'm coming home to UTAH tomorrow!!!

James has a couple of days off in a row- so we decided we'd better take advantage of it! We will only be home for a few days so we'll have to make the most of it. We definately want to go to the temple when we're home though. We haven't gone since I was barely pregnant with Kenzie, and I miss it sooooooooo much! It's amazing how much we take the temple for granted! I grew up with the temple 5 minutes away, and now that it's 1 hour away I realize how much I took it for granted! Even when James and I lived in Ephraim- the Manti temple was only 10 minutes away. Why didn't we go more then??? Now we have to plan an entire day to go and it doesn't happen nearly enough! (Just finding a babysitter for 2 kids for 5 hours is a challenge without family close by!)

We had family home evening tonight-especially for Carson. After singing "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" and "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree", James and I role-played to try to teach Carson different concepts like sharing, saying please and thankyou, not throwing toys, and asking for help instead of screaming! Carson's face was hysterical when James jumped on the couch and I told him "no-no-" and sent him to time-out! Carson's face was even more funny when he came with me to get Daddy out of time-out and James was on Carson's bed crying! (I've married such a dork and I love him!) Anyway, It was fun for us to try to teach Carson in a different way- instead of just getting mad at him. I'm not sure how much he got out of it- but it was worth a try!

2 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

Cam, I just told my friend about you guys role-playing and I laughed so hard picturing James in time-out. I'm thinking we ought to try a little role-playing here. Okay, really I just want to watch Aaron act like a 2 yr. old. He might not have to act very much! haha

Evie B. said...

Ohhhhhh - maybe we need to try that. Go James! :)