
It is the third day of July and I (James) am sitting alone at my house. Why? Because Cami has to sing at a wedding in Salt Lake and I have to stay and work. What should I do? Light the sparklers we bought for Carson today and look like an idiot all by myself? tempting, but Cami told me to wait for them to get back. (We bought the sparklers before Cami decided she was going to leave tonight). So without her knowledge and much to her future dismay I am writing a blog. It is the family blog!
Yesterday, Cami gave me one of her usually delecious homemade cookies. I must admit; however, it was not her best effort. That is when she asks me how the cookie was. Suddenly, I was in the middle of one of those garden of eden moments, you know when it seems like two commandments conflict. Break the one and keep the other, or vice versa. So do I lie and say, "great cookie" or should I be unsupportive and tell her the cookies weren't the best? I went with the first option. Well a few minutes later the cookie destroying culprit presented herself. "I made those cookies with splenda," Cami gleams, seemingly happy that I hadn't noticed the substitute. At least it wasn't her cooking abilities!
This whole thing got me thinking, Is the splenda really worth it? First, it tastes like crap. If you are going to have a treat, it should be enjoyed. Case and point, no one really likes diet soda. Sometimes, it feels good when you think you've beat the system. Hey, I am drinking a soda and for zero calories. Who cares that it tastes horrible and water is still healthier. Second, sugar is cheaper. Should I spend my money on two cookies with all natural sucrose or one splenda filled disaster? Sucrose, please. Third, according to this blog, it gives you gas. Now this might not seem all that bad to us men, but it will make any woman think twice before indulging herself. Fourth, although marketed as a "no calorie" sweetener, it is neither a sweetener (at least by my standards) nor totally calorie defecient. If you don't believe me, check it out. Finally, it has been claimed that splenda may cause feelings of disorientation and confusion, headaches, depression, anxiety, diarrhea, and extreme fatigue. So next time you are walking past the sugar substitute section at your local grocery store recognize splenda for what it is: an expensive, fowl tasting, flatuence creating, unhealthy hoax.
Disclaimer: While not totally fabricated the story contained herein may not be entirely accurate. Surely, a comment will be left by Cami jo explaining the minor discrepancies. Not all statements have been scientifically verified. The views expressed in this blog do not represent that of the actual owner, Cami Jepson. Also, I am not an english major, for good reason, and the grammar may be far from superior.
6 comments:
Okay, listen up. My cookies tasted great, dispite the fact that James has a complex with anything "sugar free". Sure, maybe it's in my head that it taste's just the same, but that's the way I like it! I will admit I have had trouble with cooking things in the past, and James may have reason to be concerned when I'm in the kitchen, Splenda or no Splenda. But hey, at least I try, right? James, I love ya! I miss ya too, and can't wait until Sunday when I see ya!!!
haha...Cami, you'd better find out how to make it so James can't write any blogs or be there when hes doing it! Nice picture choice James..
Love it! :) I wish Beau would blog...
Splenda? I've never even heard of it! Good thing. (I have all those symptoms and I don't even eat it.) And James, about your dilemma as to the right or wrong answer, believe me, there was only one REALLY correct answer for Adam, and there is only one REALLY correct answer for us guys as well. I'm glad you gave the right answer. You just have to live with it cuz that's the way it is.
I hoped I would never live to the day when I saw my dad spell because, cuz. Grandpa J you are not a thirteen year old girl.
No, but I hang out with them at work and they tell me how I'm supposed to write, and I'm a fast learner.
Post a Comment