In no particular order...
1- When people don't watch their kids. Either when they come over to your house and let them run wild, or when I see people's kids outside with no supervision. A few people in my apartment complex have this problem. They never come outside with their kids, and then we (the responsible parents) end up breaking up fights, sending them in to go potty, or pushing their kids on the swings.) Hello, we have our own kids to watch. 3 year old girls should not be playing alone outside!!!
2- When people say "Rec-a-nize." Lame pet peeve, I know. But it honestly drives me insane when people say recognize this way. Can we read??? The "G" ain't silent!
3-When people talk with a frog in their throat, and don't bother to clear it. I find myself clearing my own throat during the entire conversation, thinking this might help. Usually, with no luck.
4-Bad breath. No need to say more.
5-Swearing. It makes me so uncomfortable to be around people that swear constantly.
6-Ironing. It takes so much time! I usually do everything possible to get out of this lame chore. I take my clothes out of the dryer immediately, I hang the clothes up in the bathroom and turn the shower on blazing hot, and I've even taken my hair straightener to a few articles of clothing that I was too lazy to heat the iron up for. So- if you noticed mine and my husband's clothes being a tad bit wrinkled....don't wonder why. I'm just lazy.
7-People that don't GO when the light turns green. Sad to say James is the worst at this!
8- Girls that only wear sports bras to the gym when they are 8 1/2 months pregnant! We're all proud that your working out in your "delicate" condition- but please...put on a shirt to cover up that hard, poky, naval....not to mention the stretch marks!
9-Nasty, unknown smells in your house.
10-People that don't say "Thankyou". okay, I don't do things for a "Thanks", but sometimes it's still nice to hear. I took a girl in my ward dinner the other night after she had a baby, and not a word of gratitude. Sure, my BBQ beef sandwiches, Jello salad, and store bought Doritos, may not have been the best meal she's ever had, but I still spent time from my day making it. I thought everyone was taught manners when they were little!
Okay, don't ask me why I did this post. I guess some of these things were on my mind! Okay-just out of curiousity- I want everyone to comment, and tell me your BIGGEST pet peeve! ....GO!
5 comments:
I am with you on so many of these! Mostly, though, the unsupervised children issue.
There is a little girl that lives across the street that is 3 years old. She is roaming the neighborhood alone ALL DAY LONG. I've seen her walking blocks from home, on 3200 South (not so quiet street), etc. She's come to my house in her suit wanting to swim (without a parent) and wants Tate to come over and play.
No way.
If your mom isn't watching you, she sure as heck isn't going to give a care about my daughter. Ugh! Now her mom hates me. haha.
I hate ironing too, but I think the answer is a steamer. Shalae and one and says she never has to iron. all you do is hang your clothes on a hanger over the door and presto! they are done.
I think that your are all great ones and I agree with you on all of them. I makes me laugh when we all hate the same things. The one I would like to add is specific, but people say pacific instead.
I may come up with another one later but for right now that is all.
Thanks for shareing-- I'll make sure I brush my teeth before the next time we talk. ha ha!!!
Dad says: My biggest pet peeve is when I'm sitting in the back seat of a car and the driver turns around and has to look at me when they talk to me. (sound like anyone you know)
Joy says: When I see mother's with coats or sweaters on and their kids have nothing to protect them from the cold. Also, people that think that the government owe them a living.
Dad also says: when the toilet paper is put on coming from the underneath rather than over the top.
Mom says: When I diets and exercises my butt off and my butt doesn't come off!!!
Also snoring!
I loved all of yours Cami, they were so true,
Hey how about "preform" instead of "PERform"! Think about it.
you can add when supposedly intelligent adults say, 'libary' instead of 'library' to my list of pet peeves. that one just kills me!
Post a Comment