Monday, September 3, 2007

Miss Chub-a-lub


So, miss chub-a-lub here represents me in about 2 months if I don't start eating better. As I was sitting down at the table this afternoon, (eating a few too many donut holes), a thought crosssed my mind. How can I do so good at exercising, but have such a hard time passing up cheetos or a brownie? Don't the two go hand in hand? So, as I was swallowing the sweet, crumbly, old-fashioned donut hole, I got that sick, almost guilty feeling as I felt it slide down my throat. That's right. It was gone. All gone. And yes, I was the one who ate it.
What has been my deal lately? I swear, the past 2 weeks or so I've been eating like crap! (No...not eating crap, eating like crap.) Well, as the guilty feeling settled into the pit of my stomache, where my now, devoured donut hole sat, I decided that I was going to make a change. I decided to put all the sweets and junk food in a very inconvenient place. (Way up high,above the kitchen sink and behind all the cold cereal.) The reason for this is so the next time I'm feeling the need to act like pig, I wont have all the crappy foods so close by. In doing this, I'm assuming that I will have a little more time, (As I'm getting a chair and rummaging behind the cold cereal) to decide that I really don't WANT to eat the food. I figure, if it takes a little effort to get to it, maybe I'll grab a conveniently placed carrot stick instead. I'm going with the saying, "out of sight, out of mind." If it's not within reach, maybe I'll forget about it. Why not just throw out all the junk food, you say? Well, this is just not a realistic solution for myself. I'll give this new idea a try for awhile, and hopefully in the process I'll gain a little self-control, and loose a little weight!


Cake, you say? No thankyou! I think I'll grab a piece of celery instead! (okay- maybe not celery- but maybe a cracker or something.)

7 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

That fat lady pic is cracking me up. I have resorted to hiding junk food under my bed. It worked for a while! Cam, you give yourself such a hard time but you're the most disciplined girl I know!!

Tyler said...

So I'm sitting here reading this as I'm digging into my Ben & Jerry's "everything but the..." ice-cream, and I start to feel a little guilty myself. I decide to look at the nutrition facts to see what damage I'm doing, but don't get past the first line: Servings Per Container- 4! I look into my little pint of indulgence and am shocked to find I can already see the bottom of the carton. I can't bring myself to read any further, because I've come to the sickening realization that I'd have to multiply everything by four. A little tear starts to trickle down my face...

Thanks, Cami. Thanks a lot.

Anonymous said...

IF you don't buy it you dont have a choice whether to eat it or not

Cami Jo said...

Dear Anonymous.

A good idea to not buy it....I know. However, when you have a very skinny husband and kids, you have to have some form of goodies around. (especially for the hubbby) I'd like to fatten him up a bit! I just need to refrain.

Anonymous said...

I've been going through the sweet cravings too, The Ben and Jerry story made me laugh out loud, because I can so RELATE!
Raisins are a good substitute, although nothing replaces chocolate I can assure you. And we all know what that sugar free stuff does now don't we....
Hey cam, if you're going to the store before you come down, get me some sugar free raisins K, Our trip to Mesquite will be a memorable one with those along,
Poor dad and Kyle!

Anonymous said...

I think your trying to get me back somehow.... becuse of me writting exercise more and then eat more ice cream.
you make me laugh you know that you will never look like that, right?
Anyways I love you Cam!!! Always thinking about the consequences- but having fun along the way too.
Later

Mary Clark said...

There is no way you will ever become like that lady. You look great!! I have the same problem with the junk food, it doesn't help when you have a husband who craves sweets as much as I do.