So, we got back from our nice vacation to a disaster! Okay, it really wasn't all that bad, but when we got home from Utah on Saturday night there was a nasty smell coming from our kitchen. I cleaned out the garbage, and took some old stuff out of the fridge. Well, Sunday morning, the smell was still here. I looked in the fridge again and came to the realization that the fridge wasn't all that cold. The freezer worked fine, but the fridge was broke. All our food went bad, which was annoying, since I couldn't go get any food at the store, since it was Sunday. Well, much to my dismay, the smell wasn't even from the food going bad in the fridge. As I was getting some cleaner out from underneath the kitchen sink,I found the rotten smell, along with a lot of wet stuff! There was a leak in the pipe, and everything under the sink was ruined also. So, that made for a fun Sunday morning. Anyway- the maintenance people came by, and will get us a new fridge and fix the leak on Monday morning. I guess if you are being positive, we got a dinner out of the deal. I told the Ladies in the Relief Society Presidency, what had happened and Tanya, the secretary invited me to dinner. She said that, "It's just not right to eat frozen burritos for Sunday dinner!" So, that's where we're headed in a few minutes.
So, I guess the Bishop challenged the youth in our ward to read the Book of Mormon in one month, so James and I decided to try it too. We started at the beginning of the month so we could finish before James goes back to school. So far it's been a really good experience. We have a little book mark that tells us how much we need to read every day. I'm a little behind, so I'll need to do some catching up after dinner today. It's been amazing how much I've learned by reading it this way. It makes much more sense and seems more like an actual story. If anybody wants to do it, let me know and I'll make you a copy of the book mark.
Here are a few of the latest pictures of the kids.

Carson, at the fish hatchery in Fountain Green (at Lamb Day)

The kids taking a bath. they both love to bath and Carson especially loves it when Kenz baths with him.

Hope everybody has a great week!
4 comments:
Hey Cami Ifeel so bad for you!
I hate it when you have a smell in your house and you don't know where it is coming from!!!
I hope everything works out for you and gee I guess you can always blame things on the people that lived there before you-- The Clarks-- Sorry you guys.
Don't for get to check out my blog too. http://robandsuzie.blogspot.com/
I'll talk to you later
Suzie-Q
Ugh, NASTY! Having a mysterious nasty smell is the worst.
I ran the Heber plans by Aaron and he gave it two thumbs up. Now let's just get us graduated already!
Hi Cami--
I feel for you too!! I have had a smell in my house ever since we added on. I think it's my wood floor but it is nasty to me!! No one else can seem to smell it. I would love to have a copy of your markers. Our neighbors are investigating the church so I thought it was about time that I read the Book of Mormon front to back. That way I wouldn't feel like such an idiot when they ask me questions.
Merridee
I SO feel for you! A few weeks ago we came home from a trip to a fridge that no longer worked. Yuk. We just replaced our washer, now the fridge... what's next? Dryer, stove, and dishwasher??? What happened to the good 'ole nasty yellow and green apliances that lasted 40 years?
Post a Comment