I attempted the impossible, by putting a movie on my blog. I hope it works! (Keep in mind that this was like the 5th time I made him sing the ABC's for the camera, so he may seem a little bored with it!)
Carson and I have been having "School" everyday after his nap. We learn about letters, colors, shapes and numbers. He is getting to be a very smart boy for an... almost 2 year old! (We choose to play school AFTER his nap, since this is when he has the longest attention span.) Our "School" lasts about an hour, and I think some things are sinking in. We usually play games to teach him, and sometimes we have fun activities like making shapes out of salt dough. The other day we even went on a Scavenger Hunt. He had such a fun time putting rocks and sticks and pinecones in his little brown paper bag, and crossing them off his paper. It's been so nice for me to spend this one-on-one time with him. (Kenz is usually taking a nap at this time still.)
So, a friend and I have been taking turns, every other week, watching eachother's kids, so we can go on a date with our husbands! Tonight it's our turn. HOORAY! We're not even doing anything too exciting, but I don't care. James and I are going to go play Frisbee Golf at a course they have here in town. Then, we might go out for ice-cream or something. I'm just excited to spend some alone time with him!
2 comments:
Wow I jsut wish that my Hailey could talk as well as your Carson. She like to count right now and mostly everything is two so we will see what happens with that.
Great job teaching your baby genius.
That was the cutest dang video! He is so cute and smart. You are such a great mom Cami Jo!!! I used to do that kind of stuff too, but after the fourth one I kind of got lazy, tired and OVERWHELMED!!! Lol
Post a Comment