Sunday, September 30, 2007

New calling

So, I'm completely overwhelmed, stressed, excited, humbled, and scared! I was given a new calling today in church, and even though I've known it was coming for a few weeks, it hit me like a ton of bricks today when I was being set apart. I was called to be the Young Women's President. I think these people in my ward think I must be in my 30's! J/K The bishop told me a couple of weeks ago that he was going to release me from the Relief Society calling, and I immediately got all emotional. I've absolutely loved my calling, and the ladies I served with. I've met so many people, and learned SO much from being in the Relief Society. The bishop said he was glad to see that I enjoyed my calling, but really felt strongly that I was needed elsewhere. I was totally shocked when he said YW's President. Especially when he told me he wasn't going to be releasing James from the Young Men's, which is going to make it crazy with our kids during mutual! Good thing we have some good friends to help us out. (HINT, HINT!) Anyway, we only have 4 Laurels, 1 Miamaid (who's not actually even a member), and 3 (soon to be 6) Beehives. Not a huge group, but enough to keep me busy. I am excited for my presidency, because my counselors and secretary are AWESOME! I'm sure this will be a trial for me in my life right now, with 2 young kids, but I know I'll grow from it and I know Heavenly Father knows what he's doing. Anyway, that's what has been on my mind the past few weeks, and if any of you have any great advice to get me going, I'd appreciate it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! YW's is going to be so much fum for you! I'm sure that you be just wonderful and you will know exactly what you are supposed to be doing once you get started. Hopefully the girls will help you as much as they can too.
I'm so excited for you. YW's was the most wonderul time of my life. and for what it's worth Good Luck!!

Evie B. said...

Congratulations, Cami! You'll do great. :)

Kim and Chet said...

Hey, what's wrong with being in your 30's?! You will be so great at that calling. Obviously those girls need you. Before you know it you'll be getting invites for your Beehive's weddings!!! Congrats and enjoy your new calling ;) Good Luck!

Tyler said...

Oh, wow! That is really awesome. I've been in the YW's Presidency for a year now, and it's such a fun, stressful, rewarding BUSY calling!! I love it, and it will be a really sad day when I am released. The weirdest thing for me is that I'm not a whole lot older than the laurels. In fact, since I'm in the ward I grew up in, some of them were beehives when I was a laurel!

Mary Clark said...

That is great that you will be working with the Young Women. You will be great president. Im sure you will have fun working with James when you have a combined activity. Good luck and remember the best time is Girls Camp.

Anonymous said...

No advice, Sorry! I'm the same age as you. :) I know those girls are lucky to have you! You have a lot to teach them like you've taught me.

shannon said...

cami, that's awesome. you love it (other than girls camp...i hate camping, ick). i am the beehive advisor and love every minute of it. there are a TON of great books out there now to help with mutual, new beginnings, activities, camp and etc...and since you already have a rockin' presidency, you'll do great!