
(I had initially put this picture at the top, but it was really blurry, so I can only use it when it's little. I'm obviously NOT the best photographer!)
Anyway, I'm so frustrated with McKenzie. She absolutely will not eat! She'll drink just fine, but as for the solid foods, NO WAY! She is so dramatic and she gags every time I feed her baby oatmeal! The first few times I fed it to her, she did just fine. Of course, she was trying to learn how to swallow it still, but she didn't gag. Since the gagging started, I've tried everything I can think of. Besides the oatmeal, (which is all Carson ate,) we bought some rice cereal, mixed cereal, rice cereal w/bananas etc! We've added applesauce to it and powdered sugar to it to make it taste better. She still gags. I've even been making it really runny too, so it's basically like drinking it off a spoon and still... no luck. The last couple of days, I found that she doesn't gag down the baby food bananas. (I actually think they taste pretty good myself. However, Hawaiin passion is my fav!...is that wierd?) Anyway, I've been adding the bottled bananas to the cereal thinking this would solve the problem, but no chance. Now instead of gagging, she just won't open her mouth. I am fighting her like crazy just to get the spoon inside! She can be a very stubborn little girl sometimes. She slaps at the spoon, purses her lips shut, and shakes her head back and forth. I'm almost ready to give up with that little stinker. My doctor says to feed babies solid foods anywhere from 4-6 months, so I started at about 5 months, and didn't push it too hard until now, since she turned 6 months old last week. I was also kind of hoping she would start sleeping better through the night, once we started solids. Good luck with that! Anyway, I guess I'll just keep trying. If you have any ideas for me, let me know! She goes to the doctors in a few weeks, and if nothing changes by then, I guess I'll ask him what I should try.
7 comments:
I totally understand your frustration - I had the same problem with Hayden for awhile. Eventually, though, she caught on and did just fine. Frustrating for mom, though.
Yes, it's weird that you have your favorite baby food. Nasty! HAHA! Parker never had problems downing the solid foods (obviously) so I have no idea what I would do. How strange! Good luck Cam!
Try feeding her through one of those mush bottles. I am not sure what they are called but you just make the cereal a bit runny then put it in the bottle. The hole is bigger and as she sucks it pushes out every ounce of the mush. You can also put other smooth baby foods in it. It worked wonders with Adam. I know that was a very long time ago, but I think they still have them in the baby dept. Just an idea. I hope it works.
Hey I love that kind of baby food too! It even smells good!
Of course I would try any of the dessert flavors, if they smell good to me then why don't the kids think they are good that one just gets me thinking. oh-well, I guess we just eat what we want too, right?
I don't know what to tell you, but I would listen to Dr. Maynard (that is who still see right?) and I'm sure he can find a solution for you if it gets really bad.
My kid-o's never wanted to start eating that early really, so Maybe just wait a bit longer. When she is ready for something more then a bottle hopefully she will let you know, and I hope that it is nothing more then that.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
I started making Caitlynn's bottles with a bigger hole in the nipple, and I would put baby cereal in it. Than I moved up to regular "step 1" baby food and she did just fine, now she loves the spoon and eating solids. :)
Thanks for the ideas! Maybe I'll try that, if she doesn't start eating soon. I'll see what the doctor thinks.
I know how frustrating it is...had the same problem with Talon but Hunter was the worst!!! (still is when it comes to eating) I would say try the mush bottles with the big hole in the nipple and see how she does with that. She may just not like something about the texture or taste of the cereal. Good luck!
Post a Comment