Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Placing my first Book of Mormon

So both of my kids have had issues lately. Besides Kenzie not eating...Carson has been blinking, CONSTANTLY, for the last month or so. Wierd thing, I know. It kind of seemed like a nervous twitch or something, (which I thought was a little early to start) but as the weeks went on, it just got worse. Lately, I think maybe his eyes are just bothering him, instead of just having a twitch. They are a little red, and maybe his eyes have just been dry, or maybe he has some kind of alergies to something. Anyway, I bought him some eye drops today, to see if that helps. If not, I guess that's another thing I'll bring up at Kenzie's doctor's apointment next week.

So, "The Office" starts up again tomorrow. HOORAY! Is it bad that I scheduled my visiting teachers around it? So I heard it is an hour long episode, so does that mean it starts at 7:00 or 7:30? Let me know....PLEASE!

So, on a more spiritual note, (not that "The Office" can't be spiritual) I had the chance to give a Book of Mormon away to a girl I visit teach yesterday. She is a member, (obviously) but has been inactive for many years. She's 30 and she's single, and I think she has some issues with the church and just feels awkward going by herself, but I gave it a shot anyway. She is super nice, and I've been her visiting teacher for quite awhile so I felt pretty comfortable to give it to her. I wrote her a long note on the inside of the book, along with my testimony, and I'm dying to know what she's thinking. I have a hard time being patient, and I want to know right away what she thought about me giving it to her. I guess I now have some idea of what missionaries go through with their investigators. I really hope she reads it. She's so funny though. She was talking to me the other day about some guy she had been dating, and she said, "I don't think it will really go anywhere though, because even though he's a member, he doesn't have any desire to EVER go back to church." I was like, HELLO? DO YOU? You haven't EVER come to church since you've lived here! Obviously she wants to come back eventually. I just hope I can help her get passed her issues and have enough courage to make the change in her life. I know that her family is LDS, and her dad committ suicide when she was a teenager. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with why she stopped going to church. I can't even imagine something like that happening to me, and I guess I don't know how I would handle it either. I've been trying to start with small committments, so I invite her to come with me to all the Relief Society activities, and church, but she always has an excuse to not go. I just hope I can be inspired to do whatever Heavenly Father wants me to do so I can help her. Maybe it's just best for me to be her friend and be an example, and someday she'll decide to come back. Who knows. The Lord works in mysterious ways. I'm sure when she's ready, it will happen.

6 comments:

Tyler said...

I hope things work out well for that friend! I had a not so great experience lately. There's a lady in my ward who was called to be my advisor in YW's, and it was a great opportunity to get her active in the church. Her husband hardly ever came with her, and she was always so sad about wanting to go to the temple, but didn't know if he would ever get himself ready to take her. So what happened? She had an affair! Now they're going through a divorce. She was released from YW's, and has hardly been back since. It kind of left my head spinning, wondering HOW something like that even happens.

Kim and Chet said...

Way to go! That's so awesome and I hope she reads it and finds the strength to come back. On another note....Tourette's syndrome is hereditary! It's in the family genes, as Uncle Chet is living proof..haha...(I'm sure Carson's fine though)

Anonymous said...

Okso I read your a day late. We are sitting here watching The Office. Of course for us it on at 9:00pm they play things late here we don't have ten o clock news either it is at 11:00.
good job on the BOM placement that is great!!!
Let us know how it good

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The office was hilarious this week. Taylor and I sat and watched it and laughed our heads off. I think I would laugh out loud just watching it alone.
Way to go with the Book of Mormon. You know Heavenly Father sends us here to help and teach each other and you were an instrument in his hands, (check out the yearly theme for V.T.)
Way to go Cami,I'm proud of you, that took courage, and whatever happens, you did and are doing what you can.
Remember examples speak much louder than words.

Cami Jo said...

Thanks mom!