Friday, September 14, 2007

Lazy mornings and tub-time


This morning I decided to take it easy. The past week I've been up since 5:30 or 6:00 am for different things, and today I just wanted to sleep in! I can't believe that sleeping in to me is now 7:15! What happened to the good ole' days of waking up at 10:00?! Okay- I really do feel better when I get up and get going in the morning. I have this wierd feeling like I need to be up, exercised showered and dressed, and the kids needd to be bathed, fed and ready by 9:00am, or I'm slacking as a mother! I know nobody really cares, but I really try to be ready by 9:00 every morning. NOT TODAY THOUGH!!! James left for school, and kissed me goodbye as I lay half-awake in my warm and cozy king-sized bed! This is what the kids were doing....Can anyone say "Thank goodness for cartoons!" ? Yep, it's now 9:00 and I am sitting here on the computer in my G's! The kids are actually dressed and ready now, but I haven't even attempted working out yet, and the house really needs to picked up still. Oh well, I think we all deserve a no-pressure day. James took the good car to school today (the one with the carseats) so I'm pretty much stranded at home all day anyway!


Okay, question.... Is it wierd that I bath my kids in the morning instead of at night before bed? The more I've gotten to know people, the more I realize most people bath their kids at night. I just can't do it. My kids honestly STINK when they get up! I want them to look clean for the day, and taking a bath doesn't even calm Carson down anyway- so I have just always done it in the mornings. Okay- with one exception. Sometimes, during the summer, I'll slack off and bath Carson at night because he plays in the sandbox during the day and their is nothing worse than sand in the bed!!!


Okay, quick story before I go get ready. The other day I was bathing the kids together. (I always bath them together, because it saves on hot water for me,...hee-hee.) Anyway- Kenzie was sittingin her little chair thingy- that suction cups to the bottom of the tub and I turned around for a couple of seconds to lay a towel down in the hall way. Um..yeah- dumb right? Well, as I'm turned around, in the hall by the door, I hear Carson say, "Get in Kenzie!" then, splash, splash, splash. I didn't think to much of it since Carson constantly likes to splash in the tub. But as I turned around to check on them, guess who's not in her chair? Yep, Kenzie is face down in the tub, kicking and squirming around. I run over and pick her up in a panic, meanwhile Carson has a big smile on his face, apparently proud he helped McKenzie into the tub with him. She was okay. A little shook up, but a few good coughs and she was fine. It scared me SO bad though. I was shaking for 10 minutes after that, and for the entire rest of the day I was a little paranoid about watching them both- very closely. It's scary how fast something horrible could happen. It really was dumb of me to turn around at all and I guess I learned my lesson.


Well, the kids are in the tub, so I better go check on them...


Just Kidding! Do you think I'm an idiot?

7 comments:

Kim and Chet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim and Chet said...

How stinkin cute is that pic of Carson kissing Kenzie in the tub...LOVE IT!!! Yeah, scary about the tub thing...it makes you realize how quickly something really could happen. Glad you were right there and that she's ok! (sorry, had to delete the first one b/c I misspelled some words and it didn't make sense...haha)

Mary Clark said...

I have those days too where I dont want to do anything. If it weren't for Cameron wanting to read scriptures with the family at 7:30 I would still be in bed until the kids wake me up. Im lazy.
I love the pictures in the tub. My favorite ones of bailee and braden were in the tub splashing and laughing. Im glad to hear Kenzie was okay thats a little scary. I agree with you about the cartoons they are a lifesaver.

Tyler said...

The hardest thing about having my second baby is that Hannah just doesn't understand some things (like the tub incident). She "feeds" Jackson little chokable toys, smothers him with pillows and blankets, and uses him as a stepping stool if he's in the way. And people wonder why I don't shower if I'm not up before my kids...

Anonymous said...

No matter how I plan it my kids always seem to get up before me. I don't know how they do it but it just happens. so if I want to get anything for myself it has to be before Rob leaves in the morning so I can at least think my kids are being watched, I think he only keeps a half eye on the kids and that is only once every few minutes. No, he really is a good daddy but just very busy here at school.
At least it has been working out that my kids (all three) have been napping at the same time, I know it is amazing I don't really know how i do it but they just seem to know that after lunch time is nap time. Hailey will even say "nap, nap" it is super cute.

tara said...

I am SOOOOO with you on bathing kids in the morning. I figure they have been basting in a rotten diaper all night long so they good scrubbing in the AM. I want them to smell yummy:)

ohhhh ya. Close call on the bathtub thing. Be so so careful. I just heard about a frined of a friend who's little girl drowned. She had gotten All three kids out of the tub and was changing the older two into their jammies. She couldn't find the little one year old for a minute until they went back into the bathroom. The mother had left the water in the tub and the baby climed/fell back into the water and drowned. So sad. It can happen so fast...
(I know you are careful...it just reminded me of this little girl...SOOO sad:( )

Audrey said...

I have to bathe Caitlynn in the mornings.. Even if I am running late for work, I feel a bit odd if I dont bathe her. So your for sure not alone on that part.
Your pictures are darling. So glad everything is going good.
Close call with the tub, but every normal parent have had experiences with tubs,stairs, children getting lost. haha.