Carson and I spent Saturday afternoon watching "the big boys" play football. A couple of James' friends came up for the weekend to attend some rock climbing competition, and they spent Friday and Saturday night at our house. After their competition on Saturday, we decided to go play at the park. Poor Carson started getting a little bored when the boys decided they wanted to play a "Real" game of football, instead of just playing catch with Carson. Here are a couple of pictures I took. (Don't you just love how pretty the park looks with the train parked next to the fence?!)(This one below is my favorite! James is totally into the game! James is in the tan shirt.)


Anyway, Jessica's performance was awesome on Saturday. She did such a good job and I was so happy for her. Our little show only lasted about 20 minutes, but the people seemed to enjoy it. I had such a good time too. I didn't even get as nervous as I thought I would. Here are a couple of pictures James took.

(I sort of look like I'm trying to seduce someone!)

So, yesterday was a busy day for me. Sundays always seem kind of crazy, but they are especially hectic when James works all morning, and I have to go to my presidency meeting, and get the kids all ready for church on my own. I had a funny experience with Carson yesterday though. Carson was eating his instant oatmeal, which he eats almost EVERY morning for breakfast! He loves the stuff! Anyway, he was eating his oatmeal and I was at the table eating my cereal. Apparently I hadn't noticed, that I was eating my cereal rather loudly. I didn't notice until Carson said, "um...no thankyou mom."
I said, "No thankyou, what?" (Many times his "no thankyou's mean please don't.)
Carson: "You eat loud!.....No thankyou!" Then, he proceeded to immitate me by putting his spoon to his mouth and slurping loudly as he pretended to eat cereal like me.
I guess I was bugging him. Too bad it takes my 2 year old to teach me manners! I guess I should try to be a little more polite when I eat!
5 comments:
Look like you had a great weekend or atleast James did. It has been so long since we have been out or seen anyone-- we don't really have anyone here yet-- Anyways i love that your kids are so stinking cute and too smart for thier own good. Miss you guys!
That is too funny about the cereal thing! There's no saving feelings when it comes to little kids...they'll tell you your breath stinks and if they're anything like my daughter, tell you that your boobs are really small...haha!
You are sooooo lucky to have had Danny and Thomas there. It must have been very----interesting. We enjoy Thomas when he stays, but he has a hard time finding any food to eat at our house. Anyway, it is nice of you to host them. Thank you.
I love that first pic of Carson. he just looks like he wants to play so bad but noone invited him to. haha
HAHA! Cars is a spaz. I told Aaron you have requested his rendition of happy birthday and he's been practicing. I love your new blog header, Cam! So cute!
Post a Comment