Mogley with his little pumpkin...I mean sister.
Mogley just wouldn't be Mogley without Sher-Con (The Tiger), and an Elephant.
We had our ward Halloween party on Friday night, and Kenzie was a pumpkin (Thanks Mom), and Carson was Mogley. This only worked because it was an indoor party. He just ran around, basically naked the whole time, and loved it. I think over 15 different people told me he was EXTREMELY skinny! (Look at his Daddy!)
On Halloween, we are dressing both kids up like pumpkins. I'll get some pictures of that and post them after Wednesday.
So, I guess Carson didn't get enough attention at the ward party. Instead, he decided to make his big debut at church today. James met me at church, straight from work and just in time for Sacrament meeting (ours is last). I had to get up during the meeting and sing with the ward choir. As I passed James in the pew, I discreetly handed him a little tupperware filled with pretzels, my plan being that James could give these to Carson to keep him entertained, at least until I got back. Kenzie was being a little fussy and wanted to be held, which made keeping them both quiet a little difficult alone, but it can be done. (For example I watched them both during the entire passing of the Sacrament, since James had to bless today.) Anyway, I'm up on stage, singing out to my little hearts content, when out of the corner of my eye, I see a little boy, holding an elephant, climbing the stairs up onto the stage. "Mommy, Mommy," I hear, as I keep singing right along with the rest of the choir. I look down into the congregation to see a very distressed James, hustling up the isle with McKenzie in hand, and onto the stage himself. With his one empty hand, James grabs a now screaming Carson and takes off out the overflow, as fast as he could. I was totally embarassed and finished the rest of the song not making eye contact with anyone. We have such a great ward though, and as James was taking both kids out into the foyer, a lady stood up and took McKenzie from him, so he could deal with Carson. I asked James what had happened, and apparently Carson snuck out the opposite side of the pew when James turned around. James noticed him as he was already well on his way up to the stage.
6 comments:
What a cute little mogly. Im sure he had a great time running around the church almost naked!! Our party is not until Wednesday, which is a little annoying since apparently we have lots of people come to our neighborhood to go trick or treating. Not like it was in Pocatello where you maybe get 5. Thats funny about carson at church. Maybe he wants to follow in his mommys footsteps and sing. Im sure most people thought it was funny. Only James would think otherwise.
Maybe I should dress Caleb up like that for Halloween at least we would find something to wear that way.
I totally understand with James. Rob can't watch all three of ours at once let a lone one so hopefully the time will never come when he has to be alone with them for too long, with out mommy in the other room.
Poor dads why don't they get it?
HAHA!!! That Mogley picture is cracking me up. He looks just like him!
I used to be skinny too. People use to ask me how I stayed so skinny. I am not lying. Then I turned 30. This is just your warning for James and Carson.
Carson makes a very CUTE Mogley. When we were little Jungle book just came out and Tracy had the exact hair cut and all! He was perfect for Mogley...haha. Have fun this Halloween! Love ya
Ha ha! Church can be so fun... Tyler and I both sing in the choir, so we've had some interesting moments.
Okay, so come visit and we'll have a jewelry making party!
Post a Comment