Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Venting hour

I'm having such a downer day. First, I didn't get much sleep last night, because I worry to much about things, and then I can't sleep. (For example, YW in Excellence, Finding a Beehive Advisor, etc.) Then I had a bad morning. I don't mean to be negative, but I was so frustrated this morning. Wednesday mornings I watch my friend's kids. (one is 2 1/2 and the other is 4 months), and it just didn't go very well today. Carson was very ornery, and no matter the excuses for why, it was still trying my patience. Carson usually gets along so well with all the other kids his age, except for this girl that came over. I think they kind of bring out the worst in eachother. They really aren't much alike, and I just feel bad because Carson is so much better and happier when he plays with other kids. Anyway, when my friend came to pick her kids up, that is when his tantrums started. He first flipped out when I told him he couldn't have anymore juice. Of course he's a 2 year old, but he's never acted this bad before. He wouldn't stop crying the entire time Kristin was picking her kids up, and I was getting so impatient with him. He was also getting his feelings hurt so easily, and even though Kristin's little girl isn't the nicest person to Carson, he shouldn't get so upset over little things. It's just so embarassing when someone else is around while your kid is acting that way, especially when he normally isn't like that. I also think I have a pride issue, because both of our kids are close to the same age, and it's hard not to compare the two. The sad thing is, as soon as they left Carson perked right up and acted like his normal self again. I know he doesn't like playing very much with her because she beats on him a lot, and I'm afraid as they get older, he's never going to want to play with her.
Then, I have some jealousy issues that I need to deal with. I'm sure everybody gets jealous from time to time, and it's just something I need to learn how to handle. Anyway, my friend just moved to a 3 bedroom apartment in a different complex, and totally re-decorated her entire house when she moved. Every time we get together she has something else that's new and trendy and cute. Then, today she told me that her husband surprised her last night by having a brand new elipticle set up for her when she walked in her house. I'm happy for her, but I have a hard time not getting discouraged sometimes. Her husband is also in Pharmacy school, and I guess I just assume everyone in school lives as frugal as we do. I know I need to look at the big picture, and see how much better off our family will be if we don't have a ton of debt when we're done with school, but it's so hard right NOW.
Okay, sorry to be so personal, and so negative. I just really felt overwhelmed this morning, and I guess I needed to vent to someone.

5 comments:

Kim and Chet said...

I'm sorry you're having such a bad day. I don't know if it helps for me to say that I totally understand EVERYTHING you are feeling down about. We all go through those times especially with our kids and homes even. I know I sure do and wish I had a newer, nicer house and "things". But like you said, they may be in debt up to their ears! I hope you get feeling better soon. If you need to talk you know my # !!! BTW, how cute is your page! How did you do your header...you've got to tell me!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're feeling down, it happens unfortunately. Carson is a normal two year old and he's only reacting to his discomfort with the little girl in a normal way. Don't get too mad at him for venting, just be patient. This might be a good way to tell Kristen that Carson might need a break for a few weeks and get him back to his old self. And don't worry about not having "things". You are going to be so far ahead when you don't have those debts. And you won't be used to spending so freely and be used to the budget thing.
Ok, the kids are toooo cute, Kenzie's hair is so dang cute, she looks like a little girl.
YW in ex will turn out great, just like everything you do. RELAX!
When you feel down, just look at those pictures, You've got it ALL!
Love MOM

Tyler said...

I SO know how you feel. My house is full of mismatched furniture and totally "non-trendy" stuff, but I'd really rather save right now. And we have some friends that when we DO get something, they have to copy and outdo. (From vehicles to computers, to what we do with our yard.) The hardest thing is to balance my feelings about all that stuff with our friendship. When I figure it out, I'll let you know! :)

Anonymous said...

You've got a great mom. Listen to her! I would NEVER buy Ann a new elipticle--because I have no clue in the world what it is. Kids change so quickly; in a few months they might get along just fine. Anyway, you've got the cutest kids in the world!

Melissa E Photography said...

I totally understand how you feel Cam. Parker is ALWAYS more of a handful when other kids are around. I guess that's what happens when he's used to my undivided attention. Any mom (well any NORMAL mom) understands and empathizes.

And it's frustrating when people your age have houses, cars and boats. Oh well, maybe they are in major debt, maybe they have a killer savings or a really rich uncle. Bottom line is I need to learn to feel just as confident workin' it in my $4 DI outfit as sister so-and-so in her designer jeans. HAHA!

Don't worry about the rough day. It just shows that you're normal and real! Love you Cam!