We've had a busy few weeks. Carson's birthday lasted about 1 1/2 weeks total, (with family visiting all week). Carson has been asking to have a party, open presents, and eat cake every day since James' family left on Thursday. It was really nice for our families to take the time and come up for him, and I know he enjoyed it.
Since, about Wednesday afternoon, Carson has got McKenzie's cold. She is just about over hers, which never got TOO bad. Carson's didn't start out that bad, and I was hoping it would pass quickly, but no luck there. It's gotten progressively worse everyday, and he hasn't been able to talk since Thursday night. (It's been extremely, almost uncomfortably, quiet around here, and although it was nice for about 1/2 a day, I'm really missing his little voice again!) He has been up about 15 times every night, because he's either coughing so hard he throws up, or he can't breath through his nose. I felt so bad for him this morning. He had a fever, and was kind of laying around on the couch, and I asked him if he felt pretty sick. His reply, (in a whisper/squeeky voice): "No, I not sick, mom. I want to play with kids!" He's been asking to play with friends, and I've been telling him he can't when he's sick, because we don't want him to get other kids sick. I guess he thought if he told me he wasn't sick, he could play with a friend. We've kind of been stuck in the house for a few days, and I think we BOTH want to get out and around more people.
I'm nervous tomorrow because I have to teach my first lesson in YW's. It's a combined lesson, and I'm really excited for what I have planned, but I'm nervous because I don't know what to do with Carson. James has to work from 5:30am- 2:00, and YW's starts at 1:00. I can't take Carson to Nursery if he's sick, and Iwas planning on just keeping McKenzie with me while I taught. (not my idea, but no other choice!) I can't keep Carson with me because 1- I wouldn't be able to teach with him making chaos, and 2- A few of my leaders have little babies they bring with them, and I don't want him to make them, or anybody for that matter, sick. Anyway, I think James is going to try to get off work early, but he said there is no garantee. I hate stressing over things like this. Maybe I'll try to find a babysitter, that has church at a different time or something. Wish me luck!
Our friend's are also blessing their baby tomorrow, and asked us if we would help them with their dinner afterwards. Umm...that's not gonna work well with sick kids. I guess just James or I will have to go alone, while the other one watches the kids.
Today, the YW are going to go "Welcome" a new girl into YW's. Her 12th birthday is tomorrow, so we are going over today to surprise her, and decorate her room. Then we'll have some cupcakes and give her all her YW garb. (personal progress book, jewelry, strength of youth pamphlet, etc.) It should be fun.
6 comments:
Thanks for your help Cam! Now I can comment! And by the way, your kids are absolutely adorable. Hope to see you soon!
Welcome to the world of YW's, where there is always something to be done! I didn't know a calling could be so time consuming. I really enjoy it though. It's fun to see how excited the girls get when they turn twelve.
Too bad you have sick kids and now you can't give them any medicine for it becuse they just pulled all those off the shelf! It is too bad that people make it bad for the rest of us don't you think. Anyways I hope that your lesson went well, i hope that carson starts to feel better soon and that no one else gets sick in your house, sometimes those darn colds are hard to get rid of.
Best of luck!
What a crazy life you have! :) I hate when kids are sick - they are so adorably pitiful. Here's to hoping you all feel better and your lesson went well!
I think the young women in your ward are very lucky to have you as their leader. They may not recognize it now, but in years to come I am sure your name will be at the top of their list of favorite y.w. leaders. I think you are amazing!
AWwww so you know what it's like with the "sick" stuff! Hope they get feeling better soon. You are going to be such an awesome YW leader! The girls in your ward are so lucky!
Post a Comment