Thursday, February 7, 2008

Did you draw that?

So, It's been a week and I'm back to blogging again. First on my mind is a funny story that happened a few days ago. I came home from the gym and decided to bath the kids before I showered. Since I usually do Kenzie's hair in the tub, I took off my gym clothes, so I didn't get them wet, and hopped into the tub with just my garments and my sports bra on. When we were done I dressed them both. As I was putting on Carson's shoes, he glanced down towards my chest. Well, let's all remember how sports bra's kind of push ya together and up, and as he looked down he said, "What are those"?
I answered, "That is mommy's chest."
He looked down at himself and replied, "Me don't have those!"
I laughed and told him that only mommy's have a big chest.
He then pointed to my cleavage and said, "Did you DRAW that?!!!
I laughed and told him no, immediately getting up to put on a shirt!

We had a pretty busy week. I had New Beginnings on Tuesday and it went well. The night was called "Be the Girl of Your DREAMS". (Our theme for the year is "Don't Forget Your PJ'S" --- which stands for prayer, journal, and scriptures). Each of the girls and leaders wore pajamas and sat on big love sac's and a huge blow-up bed. We had clouds and stars hanging from the ceiling with their dreams written on them. (Things like temple marriage, college education, having a family, gaining a testimony, going on a mission, etc.) We had a few talks to introduce the theme and personal progress program. Then we played a game. After the game we had a member of the Bishopric give the girls a "Bedtime Story" and explain how their "PJ'S" can help them become the girl of their dreams. For refreshments we had things you would get at a sleepover
like, pizza, pop, candy, etc. The girls had fun and I'm glad that it all went over well.

So, Jill and I have been AMAZING---if I don't say so myself----- about excercising. We walk at the mall for an hour on Mondays and Fridays, and on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays we go to the Gym at 6:00am! I try to do some toning, or a tae bo tape on Saturdays. Now, if it sounds like I'm bragging, I probably am, but it's only because I'm quite impressed with the fact that I'm sticking to it. Jill has motivated me to eat better, and I think if I can keep excercising this much and just do better with what (and how much I eat), then I'll feel so much better about myself. It's just nice to have someone who is trying just as hard to excercise with. It keeps me going. I'm trying not to be so concerned about losing weight, as I am about just being more healthy. Of course, losing weight is a major motivator, I need to not focus JUST on that. So, I'll let you know how it goes. Unless, I stop going and stay home only eating donuts and banana bread! If that happens, I probably won't tell you how it goes. But....we'll plan on that not happening...for at least another week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm sitting here laughing. I'm so proud of you for sticking to your healthy plan I wish I was that motivated. Isn't it enough that I have wild and crazy kids that keep me moving every second of the day and sometimes the night???
Oh-well I'll just keep pictureing myself doing wonderful things but not see any progress.

Sounds like you had a great PJ'S party I'll have to keep that idea in mind just incase I ever need to do something like that.
Hope that you have a great week until next time...

Josh and Shalae said...

Cami I'm so impressed. I wish I could be that motivated. I'm terrible! Anyhow, that PJ'S idea was great! You are so creative. I knew you would be great at that job. Love ya lots and can't wait to see you again.

Kim and Chet said...

That little Carson is so funny! It reminded me of the "squeeze" Hunter gave mine yesterday. When I told him he shouldn't touch my "su su's" (filipino word for them) he said, "but I wike touching su su's"! Uncle Chet is just laughing at how young it starts..haha.

Way to keep to your exercise program. That is not an easy thing to do! Keep it up. Love you all!!!

Mary Clark said...

Carson is the funnest little kid! Im glad you had such a great night with New Beginnings. Sounds like you had a blast hanging out in your pjs. I bet the girls just love you. Good luck on the exercising routine, me and cameron have a little contest going. By the way a lady in our ward made the hairbow. Talk to you next week

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious!!! He's a little pill. You need to write all this down because he'll deny it when he gets older. Glad your New Beginnings went so well. You're pretty creative, that was a great idea.
Dad's on his way up. It gives his something to look forward to when he has to go to work in the middle of the night. He gets the biggest kick out of the kids.

Evie B. said...

Carson - too funny! This age is so fun, make sure you document all the funny things they say. Can't wait to see you all at Easter!