
I liked Kenzie's face in this picture. This picture kind of reminded me of how I've been feeling lately. (Like I need another hand!)
Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I won't tell you what I got James, because he hasn't opened it yet. We are going to watch a friends kid tonight so they can go out and then they are going to watch our kids tomorrow so we can go to the temple and out to dinner for Valentine's Day... a day later..but... late or not, I'm still excited to go to Sizzlers because they have their steak and all you can eat shrimp for $9.99, and it has been calling to me for weeks now. MMM!
So, yesterday I had kind of a melt down. I came home from working out and had so many plans for the day. I was getting the kids ready when James came in and said that the GEO needs a new battery and wouldn't start again, so he had to take the new car. This meant that I got to stay home ALL DAY long with just the kids and nothing to do. James doesn't get home until late on Wednesdays and Carson had already been testing my patience for the day. I wasn't really upset that we were going to have to get a new battery as much as I was annoyed I was stuck in the house all day. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my kids, but with nothing to break up the day, I knew we would be bored by 11:00am! I had so many things planned to keep me occupied all day, but ever-so-quickly my plans were shot. I waited for James to leave before crying, since I really didn't have a good reason to cry and I didn't want to make him feel bad. Right as I was in the middle of a good cry James came back, claiming he had forgot his lunch. I felt so dumb, but we talked about my "moment" and I soon felt better. I was just a little pms'sy I guess, but we all get that way sometimes right? If not, don't tell me, I'd rather feel somewhat normal. Anyway, I was just feeling so weary of doing the same thing all day long. Cleaning, cooking, entertaining the kids. I think I need a night away from my somewhat mundane life and then I will be back to normal. No, really after James and I talked I felt better. Carson turned out to be a really good boy yesterday, an answered prayer I'm sure. Anyway, that was my mini-meltdown, but all is well now.
Okay, I'll be back next week!
7 comments:
What a precious picture! Your mini melt down is totally acceptable. :) My husband's car broke down a month or so ago which left me home alone with the kids for probably two weeks. I know exactly how you felt. But we weren't able to just buy a battery... we had to search for a new car. So good luck getting the car fixed.
Cami I think we all have those days. I have had quite a few since the little one arrived. Jaxon just seems to know how to push the right buttons at the right time. If you ever need someone to talk to (besides James) I'm always here. Love ya
I had a greaat phone call last week with a great friend. That is always nice to takl to good old friends once in a while but we should really do it more often.
I'm so glad that you and James are getting to go the temple so much, Rob and I haven't been for the longest time It is much further away now and We really would have to plan a whole day trip if we go, who ever would be watching our kids would most likly have no hair left by the time we got back.
Hope you had a wonderful V-Day!!
We just get to stay home with a sick Caleb all weekend, Our celebration will have to just wait...
Good luck on getting a new battery for you car.
Okay, I have a question for you. Our YW Pres is against bribes (I call them incentives) for getting girls to work on personal progress. I decided to do this thing where I have 7 value jars, and each jar is filled with little trinkets and treats the same color as that value. Everytime one of my beehives passes off an experience, she gets to choose something from the coordinating value jar. What do you think about that? My girls are excited, and isn't it worth anything that gets them to work on their goals? Is it going overboard, or is it worth it in the end? And another question: I have a couple beehives who are determined to get their medallion before they turn 14. How do you feel about that? I have talked with them, and they really are giving each experience the attention it needs. Sorry for the overload here!
Cam-
You need internet STAT! I need a Cami fix more than once a week!
Mary - I need your email again so I can get onto your blog. I've been meaning to ask you for it again, since I lost it.
Cami I love your blog, we will definately have to keep in touch this way. And I am quite impressed with your mini meltdown because I don't even have kids and I have huge meltdowns all the time! You should have called though and we could have gotten you out of the house. If in the next week you feel another meltdown coming on we'll go do something! And I love that piture by the way, it reminds me of sacrament meeting...
Post a Comment