Thursday, May 29, 2008

Artichokes and Hikes

So, I'm not use to being able to blog all the time again, and I'm already slacking. Here's what we've been up to the past week.

James has had a few days off of work, so we've been on quite a few hikes and walks with the kids. The one nice thing about Pocatello, is that it takes us less than 10 minutes to get to a mountain, or a river. My kids, and my husband, love to get outside, so that's what we've been doing in our spare time. Carson and McKenzie couldn't be happier when they have rocks to throw, especially when it's in water. We actually found a few fun trails to hike, but since it wouldn't fit a stroller, I put Kenzie on my shoulders, and James put Carson on his. Quite the workout. I was impressed with how well I kept up!

I spent memorial day with some friends up in Idaho Falls, since James had to work. We took the kids to the zoo up there, and then my friend, Michelle, and I hit the TARGET! I'm so bummed that the closest Target is 45 minutes away!

I had to teach a lesson at a rest home this morning for Relief Society. Most of the sisters there have the comprehension of a 2 year old, so I felt right at home. I taught them a short lesson, about how music makes us happy. I made them some homemade instruments, and overall, I think it went pretty well.

I've been working on my Father's Day present in my spare time, and I'm excited to give it to my Dad. It's actually been quite fun to make. I'm not saying any more though, since my Dad may read this.

Okay, before I end, I have to ask you if any of you eat artichokes? I LOVE them! An entire artichoke only has 25 calories, and it's delicious! I learned how to make them, and since they're in season right now, they are dirt cheap and we've been eating them like crazy! Carson actually really likes them too. I don't know why I had never had one before. I had to look them up online to see how to actually cook and eat them, but now I feel like a pro! Everyone should give it a try if you dare!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Artichokes huh?? I wonder wher it was that you first tasted one????
WE had one of those tonight the one that came to the store this week are huge, I mean monster size!! It is good that all four of us that eat real food like to east them. My only problem is that Hailey want to eat the whole leaf and if you don't watch her too careful she'll have the whole thing in her mouth.
WE are coming to visit in less then a month!! we are so excited to see everybody. I would like to know a little bit more about this father's day present that you are so excited about. Is it something I can do too??

Chat later

Mary Clark said...

You are pretty brave. I dont think I have the courage to try artichokes. I miss the trails there in Pocatello. What a way to spend the day with family

Kim and Chet said...

LOVE artichokes! BTW, can I have your autographs since you're all now big TV stars? haha