So, we had a very eventful day. After going visiting teaching this morning...(I know, I know, it's the end of the month. I'm working on that!) I met James and the kids outside at the play area behind our house. When we were out there, some lady came up to us from the channel 8 local news, and asked if she could interview us about what we did with our stimulus check. Anyway, it was all fine, and after she left, I looked down at my shirt, and realized that I had the hole, the size of a nickel, smack dab on my b**b! I had somehow snagged my shirt on the chain link fence, and I had know idea! I'm sure when the news lady went to edit her video, she saw it, and found a way around showing it on the air! It really was impossible to miss. My shirt was a solid red, and my bright, white, shiny bra was shining right on through! How embarassing! I'm not sure if the video will be online or not still, but they had it on their website tonight at:
www.localnews8.com
If you want to check it out, you can. It's only a couple minutes long. It should be on the top story link about the stiimulus checks.
Anyway, that was the first exciting thing, then James and I went and played Frisbee golf, and I totally ALMOST won! That never happens! (Of course, I start from the shorter spot, and he usually gives me an extra turn, but that doesn't REALLY matter, does it? I usually never even come close!) We still had to get a pizza, because he won. I was going to pick hamburgers, but the pizza was good anyway.
Then, after dinner, we took the kids on a walk around the neighborhood, and ran into a couple of friends. Doug, my friend's husband (and on of my beehive's dad) is real into motorcycles. He decided that he needed to teach James and I to ride it. He gave each of the kids a ride first and they loved it! Then it was my turn. I felt like BELLA, from the Twilight series. Ya know, when she's trying to do something stupid to hear Edward's voice? Well, all I could hear was James and Doug yelling that I shouldn't drive it on other people's lawns, and that it was okay to turn! (going straight was much easier!!!) It was pretty fun though. All in all we had a good day.
Oh, and I also got my dad's present finished and I'm super excited! Call me if you want to know what it is!
10 comments:
How fun is that? I went to Good Things Utah a few weeks ago, and was thrilled at just being on screen for like two seconds when they showed the audience. Oh, and there was one part where they were talking to Mike Mckay, who was sitting behind me, and so my hair was in the shot the whole time. :) Ty was embarrassed at my excitement over the whole thing.
THat's so cool. I watched you on the web. I didn't notice the hole in your shirt so you can relax. Your family is so cute.
Aw, man. I wanted to see the big hole in your shirt. How fun!
WEll, your 15 min. of fame is about over don't you think? J/K
It is always nice to have a fun and exciting day.
Are we going to see you in a couple of weeks when we come down??
Haha! That's awesome about your shirt! She should have kept it on air..they could get more viewers! :)
thats cool that you were on the air. Wish you the best with your new found stardom
I can't believe that about your shirt! How funny. You and your husband always seem like you have so much fun together. I am so happy for you!
Your family is famous! how fun!!
Well I didn't notice the hole...haha.
As for the motorcycle and compairing it to Bella...I am laughing.(2 more months for the next book!!!) I can picture you on it in my mind...wish I were there to see it..haha!
Hehe, that is so awesome!
Post a Comment