I sit here in McKenzie's dark room as she sleeps in the crib next to me. I smell like vomit. James is at work until 2:00am, and Carson finally fell back to sleep after puking all over me. Lovely night, eh? Poor Cars- is pretty sick. He had diahrea the week we were home and then he's really been fine until a couple of days ago, it showed up again. He woke up the other night and was in the bathroom on and off for a few hours during the night. He threw up that same night, but during the day he seemed fine. Then he was up a little last night on and off the toilet,but today he was fine again. Now, after sleeping for about 1 hour, he woke up crying and when I picked him out of his bed, I got the worst of it! This is when I wish James wasn't at work!!! I'm a little worried about Carson though. Why is this happening only at night? I hope he doesn't get dehydrated. He really has been eating and drinking normal though, during the days. This is the wierdest sickness. He's gone to the bathroom a little during the day, but not anything like at night. Hopefully he gets over it soon.
So, today was busy. I had to teach the combined YW lesson today. I think it went well. I also had to lead the music in Sacrament meeting, which was quite nice, actually, since this may be the last time I get to have James sit with the kids. He got a new calling today. Ward Clerk. I think it will be fine, except the "sitting on the stand" part. I'm a little nervous to deal with both kids alone during Sacrament meeting! I'm sure we'll be blessed though.
I've really been trying hard to work on patience with my kids lately. Somedays I just feel like I'm going to snap though! I wish I was as calm as James is. He does such a good job with the kids when he disciplines them. He talks stern but calm. I just try to be calm, but still have an edge in my voice, which I know they pick up on. They seem to respond better to James. Today, with Carson, I actually had to go to my room for a few minutes so I wouldn't loose it. He is such a fun little boy, but sure knows how to push my buttons sometimes. I really do love my kids, and I know that they are just at some difficult ages. God wants to teach me patience, I guess. I'm just wondering how long it will take!?
9 comments:
I taught combined today too! I'm glad it's over. I hear ya on the kid thing. I was so frustrated by the time church was over that I came home and just crashed. Tyler teaches gospel doctrine, so I was trying to get both kids to stay in nursery but Hannah kept wanting to go potty (four or five times!) just to leave nursery (and she did have one accident I had to deal with), and Jackson cried and screamed and pulled my shirt down so far that I flashed everybody. Nice. I ended up having to just leave them like that so I could go to Young Womens. It's so hard! I must need patience too. I've had some difficult days with them lately.
Oh NO Cam. I'm sorry about Cars. That stinks! I would be a crazy girl too!
I'm sorry Carson is so sick. I hope he feels better soon. You are a WONDERFUL mom, Cami jo! You are so great with the kids and I think it's harder for moms to dicipline with the patience that dads do because we are home with them 24/7 so our nerves tend to be a little more raw. However, I understand completely what you are saying and every night when I go to bed I pray for more patience and hope I can be better with them then next day. Doesn't always happen though :) Hang in there, I love you all!
Poor little guy. I hope he gets better soon. We'd like to get together sometime too. You're so great!
I think the patience thing take forever to learn. In fact I think my mom is still learning when it come to some of her grown kids.
Not me of course.
Anyways As for Carson I would keep a track record of his Temp. and the call Maynard.
I'm sure he would have some suggestion for you.
And if it is something catching you don't want anybody else to get it, specially dad cause you know how they always blow it out of proportion.
Good job with your calling!!
Cam, I just read your comment on my blog. Thanks so much! I laughed and then even got a little misty-eyed. I miss you girl!
I haven't sent your pics yet. I'm sorry, but I over-edited them (trying out some new tricks) and now I'm trying to fix them. I promise they will look great once you get them!
I'm really doing it this time! I know some of you already sent me your e-mail so I can set our blog to private, but some got erased before I wrote them down. So please send your e-mail address that you use to blog to jtukka1025@hotmail.com. Also, that it the e-mail we use for blogger, so if you ever set yours to private, send an invite to us there. Please e-mail us quickly so we can set our blog private and you won't miss out on the Tuckers!
Sorry to hear about the sickness in your family. Lets just hope that you dont catch the bug. It is hard enough to take care of sick kids especially if you are sick too. Tell James that he will do great job as ward clerk and for you my smpthany. Church is hard when you are sitting by yourself.
Good Luck
You're doing great-I do snap, way too much! And then I get embarrassed if the windows are open and my neighbors can hear me yelling at Ethan. Sad, that I don't get as embarrassed when the windows are closed!
Ethan also threw up in the middle of the night every night, for 4 or 5 days in a row! Exhausting! He was always fine and played in the day..so weird. The only reason I knew, was because I could smell it in the hall, when I'd be up feeding Liam. Nice huh? Anyway, go on a personal vacation after this is through!
Post a Comment