
With school out, we are starting to get into a fun summer routine, with the kids. Pocatello has a lot of fun programs during the summer, which we are going to take advantage of. This is what we've got planned...
1- Free lunches at the park. Every Monday- Friday from 11:30-12:30 the schools give out hot lunches (corn dogs, pizza, chicken nuggets, etc) to any kid from 0-18 years old. They do this at about 8 different parks around town, and we love it. The kids get to go outside an play after they eat.....and I don't have to make OR clean up lunch!
2- Zoo pass. I told you I bought a zoo pass. This has turned out very nice for us. Especially on Tuesday's because the Library does a little story time thing at the zoo on Tuesday mornings, and then after we see the animals, we hit the park by the zoo for some free lunch!
3- I just found out about a kid's movie deal thing for the summer. I guess you pay $6 per person, and this gets you a pass to see one kid movie a week during the Summer. (I think there are 11 movies). They play the same kid movie all week long, and you can go to it any weekday (except tuesday- which is fine, since we'll be at the zoo anyway!) and they play it at 10:00, 12:00, 2:00, & 4:00. This week is Alvin and the Chipmunks. It will be fun to do with Carson though. He likes some one-on-one time once in a while. James and I will take turns taking him to the movies once a week.
4- We just signed up today for the different summer reading programs at the local libraries. We just need to keep track of the books that we read to our kids, and then go back to get free prizes, like books, certificates for ice-cream, toys, etc.
5- James got a tent and some camping stuff for his birthday. We are pretty excited to take the kids on a few little over-night camping trips. They just love to be outside, and we haven't been camping as a family yet. We are even going to Yellowstone with James' family in July and I'm so excited! I've never been to Yellowstone before.
4 comments:
I am glad that you have found some things to do with your kids. We are getting movie tickets too. we start next week I think with Horten hears a Who. I think it will be fun.
We also can sign up next week at the library for the summer reading progam. The kids love to go to the library, Caleb went every couple of week while he was in pre-school so it is a big deal for him.
Don't get too busy! Leave time for us when we come to see you!!
You always find the best things. I LOVE this post. Hopefully in couple days when we are feeling better we can join in the fun.
Good to hear that you guys will start camping now. Lets get together this summmer and go Camping!! We too are taking advantage of all the programs going on. Yesterday we went to the summer movie, Night at the Mueseum. It was good for what I saw. Malia wanted to be cranky and I ended up in the back with her. Movies and babies dont mix.
You summer fun looks almost exactly like our summer fun. lol We wanted to go to the zoo today but decided to stay in because of the rain. Maybe tomorrow. Were you able to go and do the Zoo Buddies today?
Post a Comment