Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I hope every dad is having a good day today! James has to work tonight, but we've got to spend the rest of the day with him, so it's been nice. I got him a book shelf and a new journal for Father's Day. He's such an awesome Dad, and I know he deserves a lot more! Everyday I wish I could be more like him. He is such a good person, and works so hard for our family. We love you James, and hope you have a GREAT Father's Day!

So, we went camping this past weekend and it was a blast. I didn't get any pictures though, since I left my camera at my in-laws. We went up with a couple of friends, and the kids did pretty good actually! We've had a pretty busy weekend. We got home just in time to get to our Ward party last night, and then today, I had to do a musical number in Sacrament, AND lead the music. James was able to sit by the family today though, so it helped. I also took some little girl's to church and watched them during Sacrament meeting, since their Dad isn't a member, and their mom just had back surgery. It was a little hectic, but turned out okay.


I'm sad that I couldn't make it home for Father's Day, to see my dad. I hope he liked the present I made him. I haven't talked to him today yet. In case you were wondering, I made him a book of my "Top 50 Memories" of him, and put some pictures of us on it too. Here are a few of the memories I put in the book.

I remember when I was little, my dad would come and tuck me in at night. He use to sit on my bed and tell me stories. I don't remember any of the stories he would tell me, I only remember that he would be sitting on my legs, and I would be so miserable! For some odd reason, I didn't ask him to get off, (I think I thought maybe he would stop the story and leave or something,) and so, I would lay there quietly and listen to his bedtime story, while my legs fell fast asleep! I would tell him and my mom everynight, "Good night, I love you, See ya in the morning!" (Yes... always in that order!)



I remember when my dad baptized me. I remember he stood on top of my feet so they wouldn't float up. I was so scared we were going to have to do it twice!


I remember one year my dad gave me a present for Mother's Day. I told him I wasn't even a mom, but he said to my doll, Samantha, (American girl doll, remember them?) I was. My dad has always been so considerate. Even this year, when I was home for Easter, he sent me to the store to get myself an Easter dress! What a nice dad, huh?!


I remember my dad taking me and my brother's on bike rides when we were younger. We would each take turns riding in the little seat on the back of his bike. One time, in particular, I took my little yellow stuffed animal named "Chee-Chee" along for the ride. I remember I dropped it a few times, and my dad told me if I dropped it one more time, he wouldn't stop to get it. The next time I dropped it, he picked it up and I was so relieved.



My dad always told the funniest jokes, and said the funniest things. Not a lot of other people in my family thought the jokes were really very funny, except me. I guess you just have to have a more mature, and intelligent sense of humor like us! I remember my dad rough-housing with me and my brothers, and when one of us would get hurt he would say, "It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's just fun."




I remember when I was engaged, my dad wanted us to dance to, "When tough little boys grow up to be dads, they turn into big babies again" at my wedding. Everytime he heard that song, especially the entire week before I got married, he would cry like a baby. (My wedding was a little rough on him! I am the only girl though!)




These were just a couple of the memories I put in my dad's book. I had so much fun putting all my memories down on paper. I hope he enjoys reading it as much as I enjoyed making it.
Happy Father's Day!!!

9 comments:

Kim and Chet said...

I loved reading your TAG too! Also, I read that book and it was AWSOME...made me laugh at parts as well as get teary eyed on others. You did a great job with that! I hope James has had a good Father's Day and I am so happy that you have found such a great guy! We love and miss you all!

Kim and Chet said...

K...I didn't proof read that and just realized I spelled AWESOME wrong..haha! Wish they had a spell check for the comment section..haha

Evie B. said...

Great post! I loved hearing all the cute stories and seeing the pics of you guys through the years - crazy how everyone's changed so much! You've got a great dad!

Shellie said...

Hey Cam, this is dad.
Thanks for the memory book that you gave me. I love it more than you will ever know. I will cherish those memories forever as I will you.
Most dads have to die to hear such nice things about themselves. I'm glad I'm still here to read them myself.
Oh, by the way you were mistaken on one of your memories. I didn't buy you a Mother's Day present, it was Samantha, I just helped her pick it out.
Thanks again for the book, I love you very much.
Love, dad

Audrey said...

What a great post!
The pictures are so fun to look at.

Anonymous said...

That is such a nice gift. I remember when you got the mother's day gift too. I was so jealous. I guess I should have bought the Samantha doll instead of Molly. Samantha seamed to know a good "mom" when she had one. ;)

Erica Bazil said...

Hi Cami! I just figured out how to comment so sorry it's been so long since I got in touch with you. You warned me before but I'll really warn you - this might be a novel.
We miss you guys tonz! Cash misses his little friends and we miss ours. I especially miss just learning from you - you were always inspiring. Luckily I can still read about you and be inspired - it's just not so up close and personal (as it was when we practically lived next door and served together). A simple example: you can run 2 miles without stopping! - I don't even know how far I can run cuz I haven't tried since it was required in P.E. in probably the eighth grade - pathetic - I need to learn from your example and do better at exercising - among other things.
On another note, it sounds like a lot has changed in the ward. Is that hard to be with the kids by yourself while James is on the stand? I guess you did when James was working - amazing. I made us move all the way to Payette so that Ty could help me with the kids on Sunday. :) No, that's not the only reason we moved.:)
I loved your idea for your dad's gift on Father's Day. The thoughtful and homeade gifts are always most meaningful.
We're getting settled and doing great. We've moved into a friendly ward. I've decided it's much easier to move as a member of the church because you have a whole ward of people you have one of the most important things in common with - your beliefs. We're gradually making more friends and working on making our house a home.
Anyway, I love checking your blog and am so glad you convinced me to make one of my own. It's a great way to keep in touch and I promise I'll do better now at keeping in touch with you guys.

Michelle said...

Well thanks a lot Cami, go and make me about cry reading your post. ;)

I loved reading your memories with your dad. (I loved his response too. :D ) Your relationship is something I wish I had. Your present was perfect, a wonderful idea.

I'm glad you had a good, eventful, weekend. Let me know if you need anything. :)

Mary Clark said...

I loved reading about all the memories of you and your dad. What a great idea and I bet your dad loved it.