So, on Monday I reached my goal of running a 5k without stopping even once! I wasn't very speedy, but at least I never stopped! I think I'm going to register to run the 5K marathon in August. I ran with Jill this morning too, and it was great. Maybe she'll do the race with me! (HINT-HINT!) This morning, we kind of talked about making a blog just about exercising and diet. I decided that I'm going to do it! My friend has one called You Go Girl with the same idea, and it motivates me everytime I read it. I figured that if I had a blog to write about how I ate that day, what I did for exercise that day, etc. then it would help me loose weight, because other people would be reading it too. My own personal trainer....kind of. Is that the same for you guys? I just feel like I do better when I have to report to someone. I think that's probably why the Weight watchers thing works. I notice I even do better eating, when I keep a diet journal. Anyway, Jill and I were thinking it would be a fun blog to do with more people though. Kind of a group blog. Have you seen those? Anybody in the group could post whenever they wanted, and it would be a way for all of us to be motivated together, and encourage eachother! We could all set our goals, and help eachother reach them! I know if I say something to other people, like "I'm going to run a 5K this summer", then I'm much more likely to do it, then if I just think it to myself. Anyway, I think it would probably be more entertaining to read, if there was just more than me posting my successes and failures every week! That's why we should do it together. Plus- I don't ever want people to think I'm bragging when I post things and if others did it with me, I wouldn't feel like that. However, I'm going to do one either way, but if any of you want in on it, let me know and we can figure it out! If you are working on exercising and eating better, maybe you should do it! I'm excited already! We'll have our own little support group!
If you want to be an author, tell me on your comment, and leave me your email address, and I'll add you to it!
16 comments:
I love it Cami. You are so on top things. Count me in! I need all the help staying motivated I can get.
Cam, you are amazing! I need something to get my rear in gear. This breastfeeding thing is killing my exercise! Sign me up for a bum kickin' with Mr. Blog!
If you want to run a 5K in SL, I'll run one with you.
what a great idea! You GO GIRL!!! I have been trying to motivate myself to be healthier also. I'm sure reading your blog will help to keep me on the right track.
Count me in...I totally want to run the 5k in August too...and I really need to get running some major miles to do it!! Will you run it with me? I also have been trying to cook healthier for our family and have healthy snacks for the kids and I would love any feed-back!!! my email is russandamber@hotmail.com
Oh boy, what am I getting myself into. I know I should tell you I want to be an author but I don't know if I want to-that's the problem-so count me in. Obviously I need some motivation. You truly are on top of things Cami! My e-mail address is bazity@q.com
Hi, I'm friends w/Melissa (soon to be avid running partner again). I'd love to participate in this blog! my email is hannahstoehr@gmail.com
I would love to read your new blog and hopefully it would help motivate me, but I don't think I am ready to be an author just yet. I was thinking about maybe when I get my kids back in school!You are so ambitious!
unfortunately for me, I don't think a blog will do it for me. I need someone to physically pick me up off the couch and force my fat, lazy but out the door to exercise. Sad isn't it. If you know anyone who is up for that challenge let me know. ha ha. I am very impressed and happy for you that you can run a 5K without stopping. Holy Moly that's great. You're amazing... really you are. You and Jill are so great! I love you both!
ok, so I know I just posted, but I just read the blogs from you, Jill, and your mom and DANG IT! I now feel extremely guilty and slightly motivated. How did you do it? Last month I put on a pair of pants from high school to go camping and they were really snug to put it nicely. I about threw up. I couldn't believe it. I keep telling myself I'm going to start excercising and haven't really yet. ha ha. Add me to the blog...I guess. How did you ever con me into this?
Count me in too! I don't really care about the running thing, but maybe I could try to gain 20-25 pounds of muscle.
sounds like you are going to busy with new stuff. Let me know how it goes running your 5K. I'm not sure I can help just yet but maybe some time.
Cami - I know I already commented but I was working on my own blog and had a question for you. I noticed you had changed your blog list a little so I tried it too - thinking it might be easier. I have a couple list links that don't have a bullet by them - did I do something wrong - help! Thanks.
Great idea - coundt me in!
I agree, it really does help. I think my second blog will be good enough for now, but I'll let you know if I change my mind. Of course I'll stop by too. :)
alright cami -- i'm on board! i have the motivation in my mind but for it to come out my body isn't going so well! i would love to join the little mr.blog group! my email winters_10@hotmail.com
This is a great idea. I am Jill's sister-in-law and I would love to join. I just started back on an exercise program after having my baby 8 months ago. I don't have an exercise partner (unless you count my husband) so this would be great to talk and be accountable to other women with the same issues. Thanks Jenna Chatterley
jchatterley@hotmail.com
Post a Comment