
Carson is turning 3 this week. I can't believe it! He's pretty excited. We are throwing a "TRAIN" party for him, with his friends on Wednesday, and we'll have another party in Utah with mine and James' family, on Friday (his birthday). We went to the doctor's this past week for his check-up and he's a pretty healthy boy. He's actually growing!!! He is now in the 40th percentile instead of below the 10th, like usual! He does have funny little bumps on his neck and chest, but they should just go away on their own within a year. (They kind of look like little warts, but are a viral infection, so they say.) Carson also had his first dentist apointment last week. He was AWESOME!!! He was so excited to go, and loved the whole thing! He sat so still, and let them take x-rays, AND clean his teeth. He got 2 prizes, because the dentist said he'd never seen a 3 year old act so good at the dentist before! Oh yeah, and ...no cavities. I always realize how much I love my kids when we are around other people. That probably sounds so wierd, but , like when I was at the Dentist, and he was SO good, I couldn't help being so proud of him, and so glad that he is MINE! He's been such a good boy lately. Of course, the regular teasing is never far away from this boy, but he really has such a good heart, and wants to do good. He's been telling Kenzie stories at night, when they are suppose to go to bed. I love to sit in the hallway, where he can't see me, and listen to his crazy stories. He's got quite the imagination! Funny thing is, half the time McKenzie is already asleep! He doesn't know this, I guess. He's also been experimenting with lying lately. It's funny how kids learn this so early! We finally had a family night on lying, and now if I think he might be lying, I give him one chance, and say, "Is that a LIE, or is that the TRUTH?" If he's lying, he'll usually tell me it's a lie, and then proceed to tell me the truth. We'll keep working with him, but I'm surprised at how well he's been doing. Anyway, just a few thoughts on Carson. We sure do love him!
A few more side notes. Apparently, they decided it was a better idea to broadcast the car race, instead of the 2nd session of General Conference today! How annoying. I'm now "LISTENING" to it online, but it's always harder to pay attention just listening! I have been lucky enough to see all the other sessions though, so I guess I shouldn't complain. It's funny how I use to HATE having to watch more than one session of Conference, and now I love it! I let my kids watch a movie during the first session, ( I made Carson watch one talk today, since it was Sunday, and then let him watch a movie in my room), and then I made my kids nap during the second session. Conference is much more peaceful without kids. Just like everything, I guess.
Last night, when James was at the Priesthood session, I went to Ladie's Night at Deseret Book, with a few friends....and the kids. I was one of the first 100 women there, so I got a free wall decoration that says "Home Sweet Home". It's pretty cute. Then, I won a $20 gift card to the Mall, in the first drawing they did. Lucky me, huh? I never win. I was super excited!
I'll let you know how Carson's parties go, and hopefully get some cute pictures! I'm making him a train cake, and it's ADORABLE ...in my head. I'm not sure how it will REALLY turn out though! Wish me luck!
11 comments:
He really is the cutest ever. You must post the cake pictures and then exact instructions so I can copy it for Ethan in a couple weeks. I have a super cute one in my head too..but we all know what really happens when I try to create. I'm hoping for the "acceptable" category. We'll see. Anyway, congrats on your so cute, and so sweet kids!
Sounds like you are going to have a great week. Tell Carson Happy Birthday from us.
i bet your cake will trun out great!!
We only get to listen to Conferance and we have to get it online but since we only have dial-up we can only get the audio. Yesterday we kept having to reload everything cause it would just decide to stop in the middle of the talks, how annoying!!!
I can't wait for them to come out in the Ensign so I can re-read them and see what I missed.
Hailey b-day is coming soon too, I can't beleive that it has been 3yrs!!!!! It is crazy!!!
Can't waiat to see your way cute cake.
He is such a cute little guy and October really is the best time to have a birthday :)
I really loved conference too. I've also appreciated it more now than I ever did when I was younger. It's so nice to be spiritually uplifted.
Good luck with the cake and I can't wait to see you this weekend. I have your cute Halloween people so don't forget to grab them!
Happy Birthday to the curte lil guy I hope you all have fun! I'm excited to see you guys are comming down! call lets do lunch or ame night!
Can't wait to see how the cake turns out. Take pictures of it. Tell him Happy Birthday for me since I'll be gone. He is one cute little boy!
No, I totally don't keep in touch with anybody...I wish we could have a reunion or something!
Carson really is such a good kid - you should be proud - you've put forth a lot of effort to make him that way I know it.
Anyway, that's okay about his party and in fact I'm not even sure lunch will work out - I know bummer huh. Our plans on Monday is to come in to Pocatello and that is when Ty's parents can meet us for lunch so I was hoping we could drop in on you in the morning to let the kids see eachother and maybe play on the old stomping grounds - good ol Mckinley Manor playground. I thought about 10:30 and then I think we'll meet Ty's parents at like 1:00. Anyway let me know if that works. Once I hear from you I'll get in touch with Sydney too. I'd love to see Nicole too but she'll probably be working right? There's just never enough time!
I can't wait to see pix of the train cake. You always do a good job!
Happy Birthday Carson! I cant believe how fast he is growing up. I miss going to ladies night out with you. Im glad you got the door prize. Have fun in Utah
Just me again. We plan on being in Pocatello and to your place by 10:00 or 10:30. Will that work to meet up with you then? Just let us know. It will be so good to see you guys! We'll call before we head in to be sure.
I know! We love Hope too...yes she teaches out of her house so it's a little pricey, but I know that she's really good and it's hard to find someone you trust will be a good teacher, you know? So I will stick with her for now. She doesn't do e-mail but I have her phone number...how do I give it to you? I can't post it!
Cami,
I just had to write and tell you thank you! You hit it right on the nose! People shouldn't care! Our opinions coincide! Oh..Happy Birthday Carson!
Post a Comment