Thursday, November 20, 2008

Carson's prayers

So, from the time I posted last, I spilled bleach on my carpet, slammed my head against the car door, and spilled salt all over some rice crispy treats that my neighbor made us. Thanks for all the "good lucks". I really WILL need it!

Well, I'm off to Utah tomorrow. One of my good friends, Niccole, is coming with me. We are going to pick up my mom and go shopping for the day, and then go to the Twilight movie that night with a bunch of my family. I'm SOOOOOOOOO excited! My Celine Dion concert got post-poned until February on a SUNDAY (LAME!) so, since we won't be going to that... Twilight is the next best thing! James is meeting us at home on Sunday night, after he works, and then we will be in town until Friday. James' family is going to be in Vegas, so we'll be spending most of the time with my family. It's too bad that we won't get to see his family much, but it will be a lot less busy for us this week, without having to go back and forth between two families. Anyway, if any of you want to get together with us, give us a call!

Yesterday I had a play group at my house, and one of the mom's had a little baby on her lap. Carson has been completely enthralled with babies lately, and this one was no exception. He was right in his little face, trying to hand him all the toys. Anyway, he came over to me and said, "Mom, I was playing with the baby, and I was touching it, but....it's okay, because I don't have any germs on my hands because I wasn't picking my nose!" What a relief. He's always thinking of something. Even today, he came with me visiting teaching, and as we were leaving, I told him to fold his arms because we were going to say a prayer before we left. Apparently, to him, this was an open invitation to say the prayer himself. He kind of started before anyone could do anything, so we all just let him say it. Warning: Carson's prayers can get EXTREMELY long, and sometimes don't make much sense to a lot of people. Here are a few things he said in his prayer today, "we're thankful that Jesus will come back to life to bless all the little children again." "Please bless the Gospel", "Help us do the things that we don't WANT to do, but are suppose to do","Help Kenzie be nice and not hit and push" (He always asks to bless Kenzie and never himself", etc. The best part about his prayers are that he acts out what he is saying. This is hard to explain...hmmm...like if he was asking God to bless Kenzie that she will be nice and not hit, he might keep one arm folded, and both eyes closed, but use the other hand to throw a punch in the middle of the air. He's a very expressive boy, and so his prayers are nothing different. Anyway, it boils down to James and I usually laughing as discreetly as possible whenever he prays. (The ladies I was with Visiting Teaching, got a kick out of it too, today.)

16 comments:

Shellie said...

You're so smart to write all this stuff down about Carson. He's one of a kind and you think you'll remember it all, but you usually forget. Can't wait to see you all.
(James too on Sunday).
Drive carefully and see ya soon
MOM

Tori Price said...

Its good that he's excited about new babies! I don't have school on monday, we should meet up and do something! I will call you!

Tracey said...

How cute is Carson!!!i wish we lived closer, I think Quade and Carson would be the best of friends.

Please, Please be careful traveling. Maybe it would be a good idea if you let someone else do the drivig. It's so sad that are bodies react to pregnancy's that way, but too, it is pretty funny.
Have a great Thanksgiving, tell your parents Hi. You really do have the greatest mom & dad.

Danielle said...

Awww! He is so adorable! I can totally picture him punching the air! So, maybe we can meet up on Wednesday or something...like for lunch? Let me know what your schedule is like! I don't think I wrote down your number last time you gave it to me...can you tell me again?

Anonymous said...

Oh man I can not get enough of that kid. He is too funny!

Danielle said...

Brandon works Wednesday in the day but maybe we could even do something later with the guys too? I think either would work for us!

Danielle said...

I have school pretty much all day on Tuesday :( So, we can plan on Wednesday for lunch but Brandon won't be able to make it. I'm excited to see you!

Mer said...

He is so adorable! I can barely get Brayden to say his prayers without help and he is 5!

Melissa E Photography said...

CAM! I would love to get together with you this week! We have no plans! Call me!!!! 870-5088

Could I use any more exclamation points? I think not.

ToddandCamille said...

Kids are so funny especially when they say prayers. Anywho I totally want to get together for lunch, I'm pretty good for whenever, just give me a call. 801-688-7993 and we'll set something up. Maybe wednesday afternoon?

Danielle said...

Man, I can see your schedule is filling up! Haha...Wednesday evening is great for us! You guys are welcome to come over to our place and we can cook something up or we can meet at a restaurant...whatever you'd like to do! My email is danielleburrell@hotmail.com if it's easier to communicate that way! Are you already at your parent's house?

Erica Bazil said...

I still haven't read the last Twilight book - I know I've got to. You'll have to tell me how the movie is. Anyway, Carson's vocabulary is always amazing to me but so funny too. I loved his prayer!

Kim and Chet said...

I love little kids' prayers! There's nothing sweeter or funnier at times:) He is such a cute and smart little boy!

Twilight was so much fun! I'm glad you got to come!

ToddandCamille said...

Yes let's still got out to lunch, if we take the kids lets go to a kid friendly place like Mcdonalds. Alexia is kind a crazy! But I'm up for without kids too. I'm sure I can get a babysitter!

Britton and Aubrey said...

Hey Cam! Thanks for the message. Yeah, we were all rooting for BYU, but oh well. At least Britton was happy. So when were you thinking we would get together? I'm just trying to figure out schedules because Britton's parents are in town. I would love to see you guys, so hopefully it all works out for everyone. Well, just let me know what the plans are. Thanks!

Britton and Aubrey said...

Hey! Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I just saw your message and I figured it might be too late to call your mom's house. So...hopefully you get this message tomorrow. Tomorrow I am actually having another 2nd grade teacher take my class. I taught her class for 3 hours and now she is repaying by teaching my class for 3 hours. So I am actually "off" tomorrow at 10:30. I am going to stay for a little bit to get next weeks lesson plans all prepared, but that should only take me 1-2 hours. So would you guys want to go around 12:30 or 1:00? Let me know if that works. Actually, call my mom and have her give you my phone number. Call me and just leave a message because I will be in school. Thanks!