Saturday, December 13, 2008

MY FRIENDS!!!

So, during this season I seem to contemplate more on what's important in life, and the person that I want to become. I was thinking the past few days on how important friends and family are, and how nice it is to have good friends. I know we hear this all the time growing up, (I tell my young women all the time!) but I was even thinking more about now, and the friends and people I associate with as I've gotten older. I've realized that I seem to choose friends that I want to become more like. I notice when I hang around people who are negative, then I become more negative. When I hang around people who only think about themselves, then I become more selfish, and only think about myself. I started to think about each of my friends, and what they bring to my life. I started to think about each of them, and realized that they each have certain qualities that I admire, and would like to be more like. So....here's what I came up with... (I was cleaning the house yesterday, while the kids were napping, and had a lot of quiet time to think about this.!)

I would love to have the sense of humor that MELISSA, and AMY have! Melissa is super outgoing, and Amy can always makes me laugh! I can be spastic yet serious with both of them, and I love it! I miss living by both of them, but I'm glad we are still so close!

I would love to be as compassionate as MICHELLE! She always considers everyone's feelings, and is very considerate of others! Oh...and should I mention giving???? (She gave me my piano, among many other things!!!) Usually not a day goes by when I don't ask her for help, whether it's watching my kids while I go pick up my laundry, or borrowing a cup of sugar! She's always there! She is really a great friend and I'm going to miss her as a neighbor!

I love the insight that AMBER has! I love reading her blog! The things she posts about seem to teach me things and uplift me everytime I read it! She is awesome!

I would love to be as helful as KRISTIN! She has helped me more with my kids more times then I can count, and I love the comfortable relationship that we have developed!

I try daily, to be as softspoken, as sweet, and as clean as ERICA!!! You know how most people say, "What would Jesus do?" When I'm about to lose it with my kids, I find myself saying, "What would Erica do?" She is such an example to me in SO many ways! She probably thinks I'm psyco because I said that, but then again, she's so sweet, she probably wouldn't tell me, even if she did!

I hope I can someday be as happy as NICCOLE! Niccole is always happy! I've never heard her complain once, and she always puts me in a good mood when I'm around her. Her laugh is completely contagious and I LOVE spending time with her. James teases me, because if I'm ornery, I can call Niccole and we'll talk forever, and I always get off the phone happier then when I got on. Niccole was paralyzed about 10 years ago, and is in a wheel chair, and yet I've never seen her down. She has been such a good example to me on having a good attitude, no matter the challenges we face in life.

I want to learn to be a better listener like LISA! We go walking twice a week, and I love talking to her. She probably has no idea how much I appreciate her friendship. She is a great listener, and I know that I can tell her anything, and she always has good advice! She is also very dependable, and taught me so much when I served in Relief Society with her.

I want to be as kind as SYDNEY! She is so in tune with other people's feelings, and is always concerned about offending someone! I, on the other hand, have probably offended millions, and have no idea! I think that since I'm not easily offended, that other people aren't either, but Sydney has taught me to consider other people's feelings, even when they may be different from my own!

I would also love to be as unselfish as my MOM! She does so much for everyone around her. She taught me so much growing up about putting others first. Her kids, her husband, her friends! I love that as I've gotten older, we are so close. I can call her for anything, and I know she is always there for me! Thanks mom, for being a great friend!


And last but not least, I want to have the patience that MY HUSBAND has! James has never gotten mad at me, and I have never heard him yell. He can handle any situation I throw at him, and always knows how to hold his tongue when I'm trying to pick a fight. He is so spiritual, which I admire, and I would love to have my testimony be as strong as his someday. He teaches me everyday to be a better person. I have never in my life heard him complain about having to go to school or work. I'm not even exaagerating! He really never complains. He just does what he has to do, and he's always happy about it. I can learn so much from him, and I'm so grateful that he picked me for eternity! I love you, hon!

Okay, so I could go on and on, but my kids want to go play in the snow, so I better wrap this up! I know I missed some of you, (Lindsay, Suzie, Shalae, Megan, Aunt Kim, Jill, Mary, Camille, Emily, Evonne, Aubrey, Brienna, Julie, Shanna, Ashley, Danielle, man...I've got a lot of friends! How lucky am I?) but don't ...for one second...think I don't appreciate your friendship! If I had more time, I could type up qualities about EVERYONE of you! I love you all, and hopefully, I can take the qualities that I admire in each of you and become a better person myself! Thanks again for being such great friends and such good examples to me!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoot, now I feel like I have to perform and say something funny. I got nothing. Sorry! Thanks for your friendship. Sure do love ya!

amber-girl said...

Oh....you totally made my night tonight! I cannot tell you how many times I have thought to myself...sheesh Amber, you need to be more like Cami....I just admire you so much! I love being a mom, and I know how HARD it is, and when I started my blog, I just had hopes that maybe I could offer help and insight to all the other moms out there....because that is what I gain from all of my friends and family blogs.

Your post was so uplifting. Thanks so much for that! I might have to copy you now! Cami...you're an angel!

PS-I miss hearing you sing in church!

Emily said...

You are lucky to have such great friends, but you have many qualities that are also amazing. I love when we get to visit!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not leaving me out. I love you too!

Evie B. said...

That's an awesome post, Cam! What a great idea to not only remind ourselves, but to also pass along such a sweet compliment. Don't forget yourself in that list - we all envy lots you have to offer! :)

xoxo,
Evonne

Jill Chatterley said...

What nice things to say about people. I'm sure every one would add you to their list too.

Erica Bazil said...

You're too sweet. What a thoughtful post. I had an uncle pass away a few days ago and so funeral services were on my mind and I was thinking "I wonder what people would say about me at my funeral". I don't know if you've ever thought about that. But oddly enough my thoughts turned to what I'd say about other people if I spoke at their funerals (I know...you're thinking what a wierd thing to think about). Anyway, you were one of the first to pop in my mind as truly one of the most inspirational person I've met. In more ways than one and you know what some of those are because I've told. Anyway, I cherish your friendship as well and appreciate your thoughts that I take as compliments.

Michelle said...

Awww, thank you Cami! I think you're amazing. You have helped us out more in the year we've been here than anyone else ever has in our lives. Thank YOU for everything and for being you. You a very special daughter of God and we have been privileged to know you. :)

Mary said...

I was just thinking about the awesomeness of my friends last night. There's one in particular that I admire the most, and I wish I was more like her! (My house would be spotless, my husband well-fed, my children perfectly behaved... ha ha!) But they each have their own special qualities, and combined it makes a great group of friends.

Anonymous said...

this doesn't really have anything to do with you post but I don't have an e-mail for you, you should send me yours and then we can chat a little more about your Q that you asked me.
robandsuzie@msn.com

Shellie said...

What a great idea and sweet post. I am so glad that you consider me your friend too. I have learned a lot from you, (probably more) than you ever learned from me. You are my inspiration.
You do have a lot of friends! You always have and I think it is because you try to make everyone one comfortable whether or not you know them and soon they are your "Lifelong" friends. I think you've kept in touch with everybody you have ever met. What an awesome quality and that is why you are so loved.
I love you.
Mom

The Nelsons said...

Hey, thanks! I'm so flattered you included me! You're the coolest. Come visit soon.

Johnson's said...

Oh, Cami! I hope you can tell by all the posts people left you that YOU are the special one. You're the most positive, up-beat person I know. I love you dearly, and you know that. You're a friend of a life time.