Sunday, February 15, 2009

What did YOU do for Valentine's Day???

So, Valentine's was good around our house. On Thursday we had a little Valentine's party for the kids. We invited other little toddlers from the ward, and ended up having about 8 kids here. They played games with baloons, pin the heart on the cupid, colored Valentines, and decorated cupcakes. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad the kids enjoyed it.

On Valentine's Day, the kids got to open their presents from Mom and Dad, and even got a special package from Grandma and Grandpa Crowther! They loved it. Who wouldn't love chocolate? Thanks mom and dad.

I got James some pants, that he desperately needed, and some chocolate, and he got me a very sweet card and a gift card to Kohl's. I really needed something maternity to wear to church! Thanks honey!

That night, we had a babysitter come over, and we went on a little date to our friend's house. The four of us had a blast! Can anyone say FONDUE??? We had an awesome fondue dinner, and it was so much fun! Steak, bread and cheese, salad and plenty of things dipped in chocolate! (cheesecake, angel food cake, marshmallows, bananas, strawberries, caramels, etc!) I'm sure I gained 15 pounds last night but it sure was fun! (Thanks again Michelle! The chocolate fountain sure was fun!) James, enjoying a nice piece of steak...


Niccole and I, eating anything and everything dipped in chocolate...




Afterwards we visited and played scattegories. It was really so much fun! Thanks Niccole and Wylie! We'll have to do it again sometime!
Before I go, I just have one question for any of you Scattegory fans out there. Okay...the letter was "P" and it said, "something that grows". How many of YOU would've given me 4 points for, "Peter Piper's pickled peppers?" Just wondering. I thought it was a VERY good answer!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is a great answer! Very thoughtful!!
Sounds like you guys had a blast!

Danielle said...

Mmm...fondue is the best! You're brave to have so many kids over! :) Happy Vday.

Erica Bazil said...

Sounds yummy! And yes, that's a brilliant answer. I love that game but I'm terrible at it because I can never come up with answers like that! Glad you had a good V-day!

amber-girl said...

you guys are so creative! We spent our valentines day at a funeral! You HAVE to tell Nicole I said hello! I LOVE her! So glad you got to eat so much yummy chocolate covered food...hmmmm! We miss you guys!

Emily said...

A party for the kids??? WOW! You are good! The Fondue sounded like a blast and YES I totally would have given that answer 4 points! You are awesome!!