Dehydrated
So, turns out that my lethargic little girl was dehydrated. I figured this was probably the case since she had been throwing up and having diarrhea since Tuesday and not drinking or eating much. Anyway, long story short, we took her in to the ER on Saturday afternoon around 5:00pm since she could barely hold her head up and had a fever of 102. They took her blood, ran some tests, gave her a catheter (sp?) and finally put in an IV to hydrate her. We made it home on Saturday night around 11:30pm, and agreed to bring her back to the hospital on Sunday to do the IV one more time. After leaving this afternoon, they think she should be good and back to normal in a few days. James gave her a blessing and hopefully she starts feeling better and more like herself again soon. Especially now, since mommy has got the nasty sickness and doesn't have much energy to help sick kids! I feel so bad for the little bum, but can't deny how much I've secretly enjoyed the time that she's been letting me cuddle and hold her! 
I took this picture of the little cutie in her hospital gown when we got home Saturday night. Along with her teddy bear that the nurse gave her for being so brave, and the IV needle still attached to her little arm. (so she didn't have to get poked again when we brought her in on Sunday.) I think this picture explains how everyone around here is feeling. Exhausted. Thanks for all the offers to help, and the prayers. We love you all!
9 comments:
oh Im so sorry thats to bad! cute lil thing
Poor girl(s)! thank goodness for the ER. Hope all goes better this week and you all find yourself feeling better soon!
Oh...Poor McKenzie!!! How crummy! She looks so sick there, poor little sweetie! It is nice to be able to cuddle though...I'm sorry you guys all feel so crappy! Feel better soon!!!
Poor little Kenz! She looks so miserable in that picture. But I secretly love the mini-hospital gown. I saved Hayden's and Layne's from their respective surgeries. Still praying for a quick recovery!
I am SO sorry Cami! Ugh. Your last post reminded me of my house a couple weeks ago, but after this I shall complain no more.
I'm so sorry! That poor little thing. She looks so sick:( I'm sorry that you have got it now. Is Carson over his bout of this nasty virus? I hope you all get feeling better soon! Love ya!
Oh no! Poor little girl! I'm so sorry you had to take her in. What a trooper going through all of that! I hope you won't have to make any more trips to the ER.
Poor little Kenzie. I wish there was something I could do to help. What a cute little girl she is...even when she's sick! :(
This pic is so sad. Kenzie looks so tired. i am glad to know she is feeling better. Maybe now you all can get some sleep!!!
Post a Comment