Thursday, March 26, 2009

Random things my friends in Idaho may not know...

So, as I was home this week, I realized there are a few things that my friends from Idaho may not know about me. All my family know this, so you really don't have to read this, but for my other good friends that I've made in Idaho, ...here are a few random things you may or may not want to know.

This is my Aunt Joy. She is my Dad's older sister. She is always happy and I love whenever I get to spend time with her! We have always been very close, and I decided that when/if I have another girl, her middle name will be Joy. Now you'll know where the name came from if this baby is a girl!

As you can see, my kids love her too!

Grandma Jepson took the kids to a South Jordan Children's museum when we were home, and so I took a picture of Carson boxing (or rather posing like a boxer) just like his "Grandpa Fullmer". My grandpa Jay Fullmer (my mom's dad), and his 2 other brothers Gene and Don are (were) professional boxers and are even in the Boxing Hall of Fame. Here is a picture of the "Fighting Fullmers" at the museum. Pretty cool, huh? My Grandpa and his brothers will actually be in Idaho in a few weeks for the regional boxing matches that are held in Pocatello. We love to go to the fights with them, and Carson LOVES to show Grandpa Fullmer how well he is learning to box. The first time I ever sang the National Anthem anywhere was in St. George at the boxing matches at the fair. I remember my grandpa trying to teach it to me the day of the fights, in the swimming pool!

And one more small fact you may not know. I collect clocks. Yep. Clocks. Cute, miniature clocks. I have close to 80 of them, and I have been collecting them for a long time. I leave them in a beautiful curio at my mom's house, that I got from my parents for highschool graduation. There just wasn't room for it in my little apartment, and I didn't want to take the chance of breaking it when we moved, since we knew it would only be for about 5 years. I really miss seeing them though, although I know my parents take good care of them for me. Many of my clocks have some sentimental value. For example, the first clock I ever got, my Grandma gave me when I won a singing contest when I was little. It is a music note clock. I also have a bunch of clocks from places I've visited (New York, California, Bahamas, etc.) and places that OTHER people have visited and brought back for me, (Russia, China, etc.). I have different ones that I've been given after I had babies (my "#1 mom" clock, my stroller clock, etc.) Even this past weekend when I was home, my Dad took me over to a store to get a new one to add to my collection. A cute little jukebox, just for fun. Isn't he sweet?

It's hard to take pictures of them since the curio has a big mirror behind it, but you get the idea.





Don't you all feel better now that you know a little bit more about me? I thought so.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this!
And I do feel much closer to you now that I know there is a reason behind the clocks, I've heard you talk about them before and always wondered if you were a collector.
They are wonderful!

Lisa said...

It's fun to put pictures to the things you tell me. We know you as an Idahoan (even though we know it's temporary) so It's fun to get to know your Utah life. Maybe I'll have to try out the boxing match when it comes....watch/not participate that is. You've always made it sound so fun. I'm soooo glad your family has shared you with us these last few years. You are a GREAT friend!!

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love Aunt Joy! I'm so sorry I missed you this weekend. I'm lame I know. Please forgive me. P.S. I saw your fam on KSL. That is just too great!

Lindsay said...

Cute post! Did I give you a clock from China? I can't remember now. Anyway - I also love Aunt Joy - who doesn't? She is the greatest.

Shareen said...

Such a fun post. Your dad is the sweetest guy ever. He brought Felicia a clock for an early birthday present from me (her b-day is in June and he bought the clock). It was a barber chair clock. He is so thoughtful. I'm so glad you are in my family :)

Emily said...

What a fun thing to collect!