Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The worries of a 3 year old...

Okay, I should've said, "The worries of MY 3 year old..." Because I don't think most 3 year olds worry about the same things Carson worries about.
Choosing what clothes to wear? Nope.
Getting a treat after dinner? Nope.
Havnig to take a nap? Nope again.

Here's a few examples of things that were bothering Carson this past week.

The first of his worries came when he was suppose to be going to sleep. (This is usually when all his thoughts come out, and we can't get him to stop talking for 3 seconds.) Apparently, Carson is very worried about who he is going to have to marry when he gets older. He really WANTS to marry McKenzie, but when we told him he couldn't marry his own sister, he about had a melt down. He couldn't figure out who in the world he would possibly marry unless it was Kenz. We told him that eventually he would find a friend, fall in love and then he would marry her. He didn't really buy it. It's funny though, since when James was little, he told me that he constantly worried about getting married. Though his reason was a little different, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I guess James didn't ever want to get married because he didn't like the taste of wedding cake, and he was afraid he would have to eat the cake if he got married! I'm glad he changed his mind.

Another time this week, Carson asked me when he was going to die. This isn't unusual for kids, and he has actually asked about it before. I told him, we never know when we're going to die and live with Jesus again, but it probably won't be for a very long time. I asked him why and he replied he didn't want to die. I asked him why again and his answer took me by surprise. He's not worried of being away from me. He's not worried about getting hurt and feeling pain. My 3 year old is worried that they don't SLEEP in heaven, and if they do, they won't have HIS same bed where Jesus lives, and he claims that he really likes to sleep on his OWN bed. (Yeah right. I'll remind him of that at bedtime! )

He has always got something crazy going on in his little mind, and I love to just sit and have conversations with him to see what he's thinking about!

Other than his random thoughts, he has been learning lots lately at school too. This week, Carson finally learned how to write his name by himself. I still help with the S's a little, but he's got the rest down pretty well! Take a little look...


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What random thought for a little boy! I can't believe his name! That is so cool that he can do that all ready and that you have had the patience in teaching him. Go You!!

Shareen said...

Wow! That is awesome he can write his name. And with the thoughts that run through his little mind, do you wonder why he is so smart? haha

Brooks said...

Actually, Ethan worries about getting married. He wanted to marry me, but I told him that would make Daddy sad. Since finding out that I don't know who he is going to marry, he has decided to call her, "Secret Girl".
Actually, the other day, his friend, Sophie, announced that she would not be his friend anymore because he would not consent to marry her. To this he replied:
"Sophie, I can't marry you! I am going to marry secret girl, and her name is Isie!"
At least he has good taste...
Oh the things little boys worry about...

julie said...

Carson is hilarious! You should write children's books about him.

And in my defense, my skirt almost touched the floor...I know..I'm a loser...it can't be helped. ;)

Lindsay said...

What a cutie! I can't wait until Weston and I can have conversations. I hope he is as articulate as Carson! Nice work on his name, by the way! Go Carson!

Erica Bazil said...

Those are pretty funny thoughts - what will he come up with next?! What a cute boy!

Mary Clark said...

What a funny boy! Out of all the things to worry about he chose the most unusual ones. What a cutie! When Bailee was little she wanted to marry Jesus. Kids are funny

Shellie said...

Oh how cute is that boy!!!
I get the biggest kick out of talking to him too because he is so understandable and speaks like a little adult.
I love imaginations, they make kids so much more fun.
Also, his name is very impressive. He writes better than his Uncle Kyle. Dad says to tell you that he should quit practicing because the first one was the best! (the one you wrote) haha.
You know dad and his sense of humor.