Madison was back up to her birth weight after only 4 days, so I guess the nursing is going good. She is such a good baby and has even slept for 6 hours straight a few of the nights this week. I think I've been spoiled! She rarely cries, and has such a sweet spirit about her.
Taylor and Cole, (my brothers) both have made trips up to Idaho to meet their new niece. (Uncle Kyle is coming up next Wednesday.)
I took Kenzie to the store the other day to pick out a blessing dress for Madi. I wanted to find one that was different from Mckenzie's, (which was really long) so they could each have one that is their own, and this is what we found. I love it. Thanks again Mom! (She has bought each of my kids' blessing outfits.)
I can't wait to put her in it. Now we just have to figure out a time to bless her. James has been SO busy with his first rotation. He's been working close to 70 hours a week, which has been really hard on both of us with the new baby.

Hopefully, I'll start getting the hang of 3 kids, and get some type of routine going again. I think I need to learn to be flexibe, especially the next month while James is doing this rotation. The kids are doing pretty good with the new baby. Carson is probably doing better then Kenzie though. It might take some time for her to figure out what's going on. She adores the baby, but has been a little more...naughty and emotional this past week. I guess that's normal though, right?
13 comments:
Yep, sounds normal!
She is adorable. glad to hear that she is back up to birth weight and hopefully soon to out grow that as well.
The dress is adorable! Where did you find it? That is one thing me and my Mom are going to try to find while we are there next week, a blessing outfit for a little boy. I know there is always the Distribution Center but where else can we go now?
You will soon get the hang of three kids, it must not be that hard if I was able to do it, It is the four kids that I'm worried about...
Try to give Kensie extra love and attention, that is what she needs right now. She just wants to makes sure you still love her.
I'm glad that Carson is doing so good. Makes it easier for the whole transition if one of them likes the bigger family.
Can't wait to see more pictures of the growing family!
She is such a little cutie! Your kids are beautiful. I love the dress! Girls seem like so much fun. I'm sure you will get the hang of three kids. That is so nice that your family is able to help you, I bet it is hard not having them around very much. My pediatrician recommended reading a book to my little boy while my baby was nursing, that way he felt like he was getting attention and involved as well.
Wow, has it only been a week? She is beautiful....and all that hair!!! Holy smokes!
Here's a little advice: You only had a baby just ONE week ago!! Just remember to give yourself lots of time to adjust and get the hang of things! I always told myself that I had the first 6 weeks to just rest and hang out in pjs, and not give myself any expectations.
The dress is so adorable and reminds me of Anna's. She looked like a little fluffy cupcake in it! Can't wait to see Madison in hers!
Cami...you have done soooo much for so many people over the past few years and you deserve a break! Let others take up some of your burdens and find some time to enjoy just existing, okay?? Don't fret the small stuff while james is gone and know that at the end of the day, what is most important is the time you have spent enriching the lives of your children....the dishes, cleaning, gourmet meals can take the back seat for awhile! :) You'll be bouncing back in no time!
And as for Kensie...allow her to express herself...I am sure she is confused by the new feelings she is feeling inside like jealousy, and it is only natural to feel that way. Anna was the same way! If you are patient with her, she'll be fine! You have the spirit to guide you and to bless and touch your children's hearts too.
You are the best and way to make it one week! There are many more to come!
I love the dress, it's adorable and will look gorgeous on her dark complexion.
Hang in there, just be patient, mostly with yourself. It's hard to not be able to keep doing all the things you did before number 3 came along, but you can replace them with other, less comsuming things and you'll soon find that you're back in a rhythm. Just don't expect too much, too soon. I loved Amber's comment about remembering that you are only one week into this, relax and give yourself, as well as the other kids the extra time you need to get adjusted. You'll all do fine.
Can't wait to come up next week. Kyle's pretty excited.
Love ya all, you're doing great as usual.
Oh, fun! She is cute, but what else would you expect? I sure hope I can juggle 3 kiddos. Good thing I have a few months to watch and learn from you. Let me know when you need help.
Ah, Cam! She is so stinking cute! I can't wait to see the little nugget in person.
Good look with the transition to 3. Knowing you, you'll get it down in no time and then you can teach the rest of us how to do it!
Love you!
Again - what a beautiful baby. She'll look so sweet in that little dress. It's so cute! I agree with Amber - as necessary as it is to be scheduled and get things done - it's even more necessary to relax (take care of yourself, you just went through quite the ordeal only a week ago) and enjoy this time with your kids and baby (probably in p.j.s like Amber said too). You'll never get the time back so cherish it. And yes - let others help you out - I only wish I could be there to return all you always did for me.
I have no doubt you'll do exceptionally well with three in tow. You always do. You're a great mother and those three are darn lucky to have you!
She is absolutely darling! I think she looks a ton like McKenzie - and Adam thinks she looks a lot like Carson! Adorable either way! That little dress is so cute too! How fun!
I agree with everything everyone has said already! She is beautiful! And that dress is gorgeous!!! She will look so cute in it! I know that it is hard for you to relax sometimes and just let others help you out, but that is the only way you are going to be able to get back into the schedule you want. Just take a little time, hang out with the kids and remember that Heavenly Father is there with you every step of the way. I truly do admire you and all that you have done in your life. I look up to you as a mother and strive to be more like the mother you are to your kids. Can't wait to see her. She is darling! Congrats again!
Sleeping for 6 hrs! That is amazing, I hope my baby is that good. I love the blessing dress too. And I also agree with everything everyone has said and I need to try and remember it too... just enjoy the time in your pjs and don't worry about a routine yet!
She is beautiful Cami. Just remember that the house won't crumble is it isn't cleaned everyday. I finally realized that with my 3rd and I spent a lot of time just holding and cuddling him. I wish I had been that smart with the other two. I think I missed out on some great one on one time with them by being too worried about being the perfect wife and housekeeper. Relax and enjoy all of your kids. They are all adorable!!
Beautiful dress. I seriously can't get over how Madi looks like a little Cami! She's a doll. Please have Carson and Kenzie come play sometime so you can have some baby time. I know Isie would love it!
Oh Cami, she is so beautiful! Those big dark eyes and all that hair! The dress is beautiful too and I wish we could be there when you bless her. You def make cute babies :)
Oh, and 6 hours at a week old? What a VERY blessed mommy you are!
Post a Comment