In almost 5 years of marriage, I have never...
seen James stressed, (even in all of pharmacy school)
heard James yell, (even at our kids, which is hard to do)
listened to James complain,
watched James be serious for more than 20 minutes,
and I can count the times I've seen him cry on one hand.
He is the most patient, mellow, laid-back person I've ever met!
I tell you this so you'll understand why the changes I've seen in him the last six weeks. have seemed so HUGE to me! He has been under a lot of stress working his first rotation because of the lady he has been working for. He has put in about 70 hours a week for her, and then worked an average of 8 hours a week at the hospital. This woman made our lives miserable for the past six weeks! Not only was she working him so hard, but she was so ornery with him all day. She never complimented anything he did. She always criticized him in front of other people, and she was a very unpleasant woman to be around, (to put it nicely.) He had to do a 3 hour presentation every WEEK for her and the other girl in the rotation. It wouldn't have been so bad, but she was the one giving him the grade, so he had to do whatever she wanted. Now, this woman wasn't just picking on James. This was how she was with He asked me if I thought the baby would ever forgive him for neglecting her for the first 6 weeks of her life. I've felt so bad for him, and I could tell it has been wearing on him. He's been so stressed all the time, and I knew he felt guilty for not spending more time with me and the kids, and letting me learn to adjust to 3 kids on my own. We were both counting down the days until this first rotation would be over! Well... yesterday was his last day! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now back to life as we knew it.....sort of .
I noticed for the past six weeks that he hasn't been talking in his sleep. I thought for sure I'd have some funny stories of him sleep talking, since I've been up in the middle of the night feeding Madison, but I haven't heard a thing! Then, last night, (the night he no longer had stresses of Dr. Gould!) he started talking again! Wierd, huh? I guess things will get back to normal in almost every aspect of our lives now. Goodbye Dr. Gould! Hello Costco. (He starts his Costco rotation on Monday, which will be about 40 hours a week. Thank Heavens! I think he's excited.)
Other updates...
Carson told me yesterday that he wants to change his name to "bumpin". I didn't understand him, so he explained, "ya know, like maybe I could be called "the bumpin man" or something. I asked him why, and he replied," Because I'm ALWAYS "bumpin" into things." Ain't that the truth!
McKenzie still won't go to nursery and has been extremely shy around others, but is acting fine otherwise. The other day I left Madison asleep on the boppy pillow on the couch, and left the room for a couple of minutes. When I returned I found a happy, content baby lying wide-awake on the floor, and a very scared 2 year old hiding behind the couch. Lesson learned? Don't leave a two-year old alone with a newborn baby. Duh. What was I thinking?
Madison has been a little fussy lately, but I think it's because she REALLY likes to be held. This does make everyday life a little difficult, but I borrowed a little sling from a friend, and yesteday I did the dishes, and made lunch with her in it, and she LOVED it! I guess I'll resort to that when I don't have time to just sit and hold her. She is growing, and healthy though, so all is well. We love having her around! What a sweet spirit she brings into our sometimes chaotic home!
As for me, I have been adjusting well. I've gotten back to life again. Young Women's, nursing, cleaning, nursing, laundry, nursing, cooking, nursing, grocery shopping (which has been a real joy with 3 kids!) nursing, school with the kids, nursing,and exercising. Did I mention nursing? I feel like that's all I do sometimes!!! I am glad though. I lost my milk with both the other two between 1-2 months, so I'm trying really hard to build up my supply by pumping a lot so I can keep nursing Madison. I really do enjoy it. Life is busy, but that's good I guess. We've been able to enjoy free lunches at the park again, and we've spent a lot of time outside when the weather was good!
As for all of you, I have been reading your blogs, but my computer hasn't been letting me comment, so sorry. I really have tried to keep up on all of you though. Thanks for reading mine!
10 comments:
I totally understand the stress thing with your husband, Mine is going through the same thing. Even though he did walk in May he still isn't done. He still has to defend his thesis, and things are not working out with that, and it has to be done before August so that they will let him start the
PhD program in the fall. Crazy isn't it.
We are very anxiously awaiting our number four, Rob is really anxious this time, just last night he told me, "I am ready to be done with the big belly!"
funny boy, I should have said something smart to him like "well go workout" but I wasn't that fast of a thinker.
Glad to hear things are going better for you and that Jame will hopefully be better with his new rotation.
We sure Miss you guys! I still am so mad at myself for not making it over to see you while we were there.
holy cow, what a brat. I'm glad things are finally settling down. I can't imagine handling that stress!
Wow...poor guy. It sounds like he has been very stressed and busy. I'm glad he will have less hours a week and more time to spend with you. As well as not stressing so much! That little Carson is so cute...the things he says!
I know the feeling about the nursing thing! I still have days where I feel like all I do is NURSE! But I love it too and I'm hoping to be able to do it for the rest of his first year.
You have the cutest family and I can't wait to see you again next month!
Oh man...psycho doctor - poor James. And poor you! I hope you guys are doing okay - three kids sounds like so much work and I'm sure it is. Especially when one is completely dependent on you. Good luck Cam, we'll keep you in our prayers!
I hope things will be less stressful for you guys this month.My sister bought me a sling with my second, and it is a wonderful invention. I also had problems with my milk production. Nursing is one of the most beautiful, emotional, and stressful things as a new mother. I was told by a doctor that if you eat tuna it can help with your milk supply.
I am so happy for James now, (and you as well). Things will be a piece of cake now that the worst is over. I can't imagine James serios for more than 5 minutes either.
Carson cracks me up (as usual) the kid is hilarious and Kenzie cracks me up too, hiding behind the couch. Glad Maddie wasn't maimed. They are pretty resilient.
I sure miss you all, so does dad.
We're feeling "grandkid sick" can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks.
Relax now James and enjoy your family!
So excited for you and James!!! On to normal life! I'm looking forward to Wed. with the kids!
Cami:
You are an amazing mom!
You have such a strong spirit!
You find in these "hard" moments we have in life, that faith is what truly gets us through it all!
Keep it up girl!
I wonder if that lady treats people like that just to see if they can handle the pressure?! If not she should be struck with lightning!! You should never treat any one like that. She will get whats coming to her.
You are such a trooper. I would totally have asked to be released from YW.
Wow. That sounds so hard. Your poor husband. But I have to say, I can not get over how incredibly adorable your children are. So beautiful. And you look amazing yourself!
Post a Comment