Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Madison's Lullaby

I have written a lullaby for each one of my kids. Carson has "his song", Kenzie has "her song" , and now it was time to give Madison "her own song". I've loved to do this when they are babies, so they can grow up hearing me sing it to them to sleep. The other two kids still love me to sing them their song at bedtime. I always write the Lullaby's when I'm holding them. It helps give me ideas of what to write each song about.
Anyway, I finally finished Maddie's Lullaby and so I thought I would share it with you.

Gift from Heaven
You are a gift from Heaven
You were sent down here to me
As a gift from Heaven
So soft, and pure, and sweet
And I will kiss you everyday
And I will wipe your tears away
And I will love you, come what may
Because you are a gift from Heaven
You are a gift from Heaven
And so I will hold you tight
And I will gently rock you
As the day turns into night
And as you softly close your eyes
And I sing your lullaby
Please remember, all your life
That you are a gift from Heaven
-Cami Jo




15 comments:

Mary Clark said...

very nice. What lucky kids to have such a great mom who makes up lullabies for them. Im sure madison will love to have her song sung to her as well

Josh and Shalae said...

That is beautiful! You do such a great job! Your kids will cherish that all their lives. The pictures of Maddie are darling. She is looking so much older now. Very cute!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I wish I was talented enough to write songs for each of my children, very cool!
She is so adorable!

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness, Madison's face is absolutely adorable in every one of those pictures! You really caught some good ones there! She is SO stinkin' cute! What a precious lullaby also! You're amazing. And what the heck? I didn't know you were moving back to Utah! How awesome! Is James totally done up there? That's awesome! It will be so much fun to have you home! And close by in Draper too! We definitely need to hang out more often. I miss you too!

Shareen said...

What a beautiful lullaby. I would love to hear you sing it. Your kids are very lucky to have you as their mom. The pictures of Madison are adorable too!!!

clintandmegtucker said...

Cami she is so fetchin' adorable, I can't stand it! And you are so talented! You have such a cute family.

amber-girl said...

Ah! What an adorable little...oooh....cutie bug she is!!!!! I just want to squeeze her!!! Ha ha!

What a great thing for a mom to do: write each child their very own lullaby, how wonderful! I did not know you did that! Now I want to hear all of them! And hear you sing all of them too!!! Come on, you could post a video of you singing them!!

If only I could sing...I am awful...but you have inspired me to try to do more things like that for my kids!

PS: Don't worry...I have been "off" for awhile now and still have my days where I am wondering where I put my brain! And I have no idea what I will do when i have another baby....cuz then I will be the mother of FOUR!!! Wierd...

Britton and Aubrey said...

What beautiful lyrics! That is a great tradition. I bet you are a great mom. She is adorable Cami!

Lindsey said...

How special! You are so talented.

Emily said...

Man you are talented! Thanks for sharing that. I'd like to hear you sing it too! Maybe next time you come over! :-)

Chuck and Becky said...

Cami, that is such a great idea. Madison is so cute. It is amazing how fast they grow. I love that dress she is wearing so cute!

Anonymous said...

CAMI!!! I miss you so much!
Ryder and I bought a house two weeks ago. In Island Park. I am the camp director for the ward, and just got released from primary (5-6). They called me as 2nd counselor in YW. When they called me I thought of you! Love your baby... so cute. When was she born? Kenzie is so old. Carson is blonde!!! Wow!
Where do you live? Miss you,
Madison

Shanna said...

Go you! well done!

Erica Bazil said...

What a unique and beautiful gift to give each of your little ones! I love the lullaby. And can I just say...again...what a darling little girl you have. Your kids are so cute!!!

Kim and Chet said...

You are so talented...and what a cute mom! That is such a sweet lullaby and brought tears to my eyes. Your kids are so lucky to have you for their mom! Those are things they will remember for the rest of their lives!