
I made a red, white, and blue fruit pizza for a BBQ that we went to with some friends, but ...stupid me...,I put the bananas on too early and then went brown before we ate it. It didn't quite have the same effect after that. It looked good to start with though.

(Do you like the sly, one-eyed open look? Kind of creeps me out when she does that!)

My girls...

My boy...

Getting faces painted at the park...

Eating popsicles and waiting for the parade to start...

All in alll, we had a very busy day. We hit the parade, stopped at the park for free hot dogs, went to the fairgrounds and rode the Tilt-A-Whirl, got an ice-cream cone, took a quick nap, went to a BBQ, let the kids play in the sprinklers, had some DELICIOUS ribs (Thanks Scott!), went home to get into PJ's, and went to watch the fireworks with some friends (while James went to work). It was a fun day, but very tiresome!
Question...do you Mom's ever feel like you are just Off? I felt like such an idiot on the fourth. Sure it's tricky to get three kids ready and have everything you need when you leave the house, but I really wasn't playing my A-game that day. I took my kids some swimming suits to play in the sprinklers at the BBQ, but do you think I remembered towels? Nope. Then, I go to watch fireworks, and take 3 kids in PJ's. Well, as we were leaving it was raining and getting cold, but do you think I stopped to think about grabbing any of us jackets or putting the kids in long pants? Nope. Do you think I even remembered to bring a warm blanket for the baby? Nope again. All I had was a little receiving blanket. So....thank heaven's for friends! We ended up using their jackets, blankets AND pants. I'm sure they thought I was the worst mother in the world, but I 'm just going to blame it on adjusting to three kids. (I'll use that excuse as long as I can!) I'll get it one of these days.
8 comments:
You are so cute!! You are a great mom! We all have those days that you forget everything! I do anyways. The kids' outfits looked adorable! I love Kenzie's dress. Did you make it? If so I want the pattern:) I'm glad you had a good 4th. Can't wait to see you this weekend!
How fun! Looks like you guys had a great holiday! Your kids are absolutely adorable! We missed you guys!
I must be having OFF days all the time, And I don't have to use the excuse that I'm pregnant cause I know I will still do it for a long time to come. I remember last year when we went to watch fireworks I brought the blanket for us to sit on but I didn't bring jackets or blankets to wrap up in. and It got pretty chilly before the night was over. My poor family was so happy to get home and in warm beds!
I forget stuff all the time, I really hate it when I forget to re-load the diaper bag, and I have to run home or just go home and change the plans that were made. I have since been trying to keep extra diapers in the car, but even they run out.
Glad that you are making the adjustment to three pretty good. I don't know what I'm going to do with four! I wish my family was around to help out some. Oh-well I am going to have rely on alot of friend from around here for help, like who is going to take care of the kids while I'm having the baby? That is my number one concern right now.
Cute pictures. Everyone has off days, it just makes it harder when it is a holiday. Cute fruit pizza. What did you use for frosting?
Your kids look darling all dressed up. I love Kenzie's hair like that! She looks so old now that you have Madison around.
Miss you guys!
Looks like you had fun!
Such cute pictures! And I am SO up for taking more pics of that beautiful baby girl! :)
What you have is "mommy brain" and unfortunately it only gets worse with more kids...at least for me! Three is a HUGE adjustment and I don't know that I would think to bring jackets (and have often forgot both jackets and blankets when it is noticeably chilly ) when it's supposed to be SUMMER! You are such a cute mom...you allowed those moments!
My kids would have loved the face painting, I should have thought of that! I have felt "off" since I had two kids, so you are doing pretty good to start having off days at 3 kids! And my off days are everyday. I can think that I am totally prepared and forget the most important thing!
Post a Comment